c4oa header mint

Drummer Posts Coin #100 - 111-Coin Of The Week Project

More
12 years 8 months ago #3107 by Carsonite
Over the last two years, a group of C4OA members have faithfully used their creative writing skills, combined with their passion for "CC" coins, to contribute an article a week that profiles a different date-denomination in the 111-piece set of Carson City coins.

Through the perseverence of these writers the project, with The Drummer's 9-11-11 article about 1876-CC half eagles, has reached the 100-coin mark, just 11 coins away from the summit.

This 111-coin project will be completed a week before Christmas this year (2011). It will always serve as a testimony to the members who participated in this formidable and inspiring endeavor.

Congratulations to The Drummer (Michael Parrott)! and three cheers for all of the COWboys who have stuck with the project!

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3108 by Loosechange
Thanks Rusty for words of encouragement and praise. I know that I have enjoyed being a participant in this project as well as gaining knowledge from the other COWboy posts. It is truly amazing how the posts have evolved as well as the writing skills from the very first postings. I still can't believe that we are at the final countdown. I said this in my first article in Curry's Chronicles how you Rusty, as well as Mike "The Drummer" Parrott have inspired me to do something I have never done before. To you and all the COWboy's I say Thanks!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 8 months ago #3111 by coindrummer
Wow Carsonite

I had no idea....how's this for coincidence:

My post was assigned for 9/11/2011...a very important date in American history

My coin to be posted was the 1876-CC half eagle, a 100 year U.S. centennial issue...a very important date in American history

My coin was purchased from you at Southgate coins; it was posted in conjunction with the 10 year anniversary of your great store...another important date

All this and it just happened to be the 100th COW post on top of all this....amazing coincidence!!

None of this was planned out...it all just fell this way...amazing!

with jaw to the floor, the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3112 by coindrummer
Hi again

I almost forgot something here Carsonite......

DRUM ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! CYMBAL CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me know about the 100th COW post of a 100 year centennial "CC" gold coin...on the 10 year anniversary of Southgate coins (where I bought this coin!) all on 9/11/2011 - the 10 year anniversary of the tragic attack

Wow is all I can say

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3113 by Garryn
That is an interesting coincidence for sure.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3114 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

...and none of these coincidences were planned!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds