c4oa header mint

Letter to the Editor Material

More
13 years 5 months ago #1723 by Ms. Maya
We are gathering responses, feedbacks, thoughts, and observations for the spring 2011 issue of Curry's Chronicle. If you have anything you want to contribute to the letters to the editor section, please post it on this Web site, send it via email to submissions@ccccoa.com, or mail it to P.O. Box 18040, Reno, NV 89511.

Oh by the way, articles are always welcome, too.

Best wishes,

Maya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1728 by Belayoff
Maya,

The recent Curry's edition was wonderful. I sent comments to the editor a couple weeks back. Did you receive them?

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1760 by Ms. Maya
Belay Off,

I double checked, and yes, we did receive your letter to the editor materials a couple weeks ago. You're right on track!

Maya

More
13 years 4 months ago #1768 by coindrummer
Greetings

Here is a short letter I sent in to to the "letters to the editor"

Dear Editor

I have written to this Letters to the Editor column many times before praising the accomplishments of our club publication Curry's Chronicle.
Well, I am writing again to heap more deserved praise upon this high quality publication.
Curry's began at a high level and has only risen from there.

Before I mention my favorite articles I must make note of the awards that the Chronicle garnered this past year:
1. Numismatic Literary Guild - Club Publications - Small Publications BEST ISSUE for 2010
2. American Numismatic Association - Specialty Publication THIRD PLACE for 2010

These are prestigious awards and any and all of us who have contributed in any way are to be congratulated!

Each and every article in this past edition (Fall-Winter 2010) is well done and worthy of great praise. I will mention one in particular as the subject matter of this article is about one of my very favorite "CC" issues - the gold half eagles.
My personal thanks and kudos to member #RM-0188 for his fantastic research project/article A STUDY OF CARSON CITY MINT HALF EAGLES. In his article, John provides a "Key Data Chart" showing (for each "CC" half eagle issue): Date - Mintage - Number of Varieties - Obverse (dies) - Reverse (dies) - New Reverse. His information is invaluable and virtually cannot be found anywhere else. I would hope to eventually see die marriage/variety studies done on each of the other 19-coin gold "CC" series as well.

Great job everyone...every article was superbly done and as I've stated previously (and truthfully), "each Curry's issue gets better and better!

Michael Parrott the drummer #LM-6-0023

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1781 by Belayoff
Agreed on all scores Drummer. Well said...and thank you for recognizing everyones' contributions.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1784 by coindrummer
Thank you Belay

I didn't have the space to write a review on everyone's article as mine was just a letter to the editor and I wanted to keep it short, but truthfully, you Belay deserve a very special thank you and credit for being our clubs' mainstay member. You do so much to keep things alive in your great Chronicle articles; in this Blog; in the organization of our regional meeting this year; in your donations to the prize events at that meeting and more and more. So, thank you for your kind words and everything else....you are the man and I'm honored to call you friend.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by coindrummer.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds