c4oa header mint

2010 - C4OA Annual Meeting in Carson City - Aug 27

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1007 by Belayoff
AUGUST 27 REGIONAL MEETING & MEMBER DINNER
IN CARSON CITY, NEVADA
ATTENTION ALL C4OA MEMBERS!!

HELLO! I am C4OA life member Bruce Thayer from Seattle, Washington. As announced in the spring 2010 issue of Curry’s Chronicle, I am spearheading the C4OA’s regional meeting in Carson City this summer (Friday August 27). My duties include monitoring member sign-ups, logistics, and coordinating the program for the meeting (show-and-tell session, raffle, etc.).

We have reserved the auditorium on the second floor of the Nevada State Museum, which as you know, is the old Carson City Mint building itself. The meeting is scheduled for 1:00 to 4:00 on that Friday afternoon (August 27). Dinner is at 5:30.

If you haven't yet confirmed your plan to attend the meeting, or sent your RSVP for our after-meeting dinner, please do so by sending me an email.
My email address is:BThayer@NWLink.com

• If you are planning to attend and want to sign up for the meeting - Email Bruce!
  • If you want to share “CC” coins or other “CC” Mint-related items at the meeting - Email Bruce!
  • If you would like to attend the traditional post-meeting dinner at Adeles - Email Bruce!
  • If you have questions about the meeting, dinner at Adeles, driving directions, etc - Email Bruce!
  • If that expensive, proof-like, gem quality “CC” Morgan came back in a GENUINE holder - Delete E-Bay from your web browser!

• $25 ADELES DINNER DEPOSIT: Unless the Drummer wants to sell one of his Carson City half eagles and buy us all dinner, the post-meeting supper at Adele's will be a "no host" event. In the past, there has been some confusion on this score and the club has accidentally ended up paying for a dinner or two. Additionally, since we must make dinner reservations far in advance, we need an accurate head count for the restaurant. Last year, 27 members sent RSVPs for dinner, but only 18 showed up. Adele’s holds the club accountable for this. Accordingly, you must include a non-refundable deposit of $25 with your RSVP to secure your dinner reservation.

Please make your check out to CCCCOA (Please write DINNER in the memo section of your check), and send it to CCCCOA, P. O. Box 18040, Reno, NV 89511.

Please note: Seating for dinner is on a first-come-first-serve basis. The restaurant only has room for 22 members in its banquet dining room. So please get your reservation in as early as possible.

Special Note of Thanks: I want to thank Belay Off for helping me post this message. I'll get the hang of it soon and will come up with my own Avatar.

C4OA Lifer!
    Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Belayoff.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    14 years 1 month ago #1068 by Belayoff
    Bruce,

Sure thing, glad to help.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
    13 years 10 months ago #1228 by coindrummer
    Would you like my 1870-CC $5 perhaps??

hahaha

the drummer:woohoo:

C4OA Lifer!

More
    13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1448 by Garryn
    Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Garryn.

More
    13 years 8 months ago #1455 by Carsonite
    Garry,

I wish we had the capability to have a live webcast of the meeting that could be saved as a YouTube video. Then every member who couldn't attend the meeting in person could experience the excitement of what happens at it.

About 32 people showed up for the C4OA meeting in Boston. From all reports, everyone had a great time. The three speakers presented lots of valuable information.

From our list of sign-ups for the Carson City regional meeting, we should have at least 32 people (probably more) show up this Friday (August 27).

The crazy thing is, only three people who were at the Boston meeting will be at the meeting in Carson City. It would be great to combine forces and hold a super C4OA meeting with everyone who was at Boston joining those who will be in Carson City, and, for good measure, add a bunch of members like you Garry, who don't get a chance to attend any meetings.

Garry, based on what I read in all your postings on this discussion board and in your contributions to Curry's Chronicle, you would feel right at home at a C4OA meeting. Not to mention, all the members would love to meet you. Maybe some day.

Keep up your faithful participation on this forum---we all appreciate it.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
    13 years 8 months ago #1456 by Loosechange
    Unfortunately I will not be attending the greatest coin show in the realm of "CC's". I wish all of you a great time as well as a great meeting. I will in the future hopefully get back out west and to a C4OA meeting. Boston was great but I know in my heart Carson City would be better.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds