c4oa header mint

Boston Coin Show

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2322 by Loosechange
Boston Coin Show was created by Loosechange
Well my brother and I will be off to the Boston Coin Show Saturday and of course I will be on the hunt for anything Carson City. Of course my wallet won't be but after the ANA in Boston last summer member Darrell Low showed us how we can actually find some great deals on Carson City Mint coinage, so I will be searching for Dimes Quarters and the half dollar denominations. I will also check out the gold coins to check for varieties ( if the dealers allow ) I always let them know that I am a student of CC coins. I will also have my trusty Half Dollars of the Carson City Mint by Bill Bugert. I will let everyone know when I get back Saturday night how the show was.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Loosechange. Reason: grammer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2358 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Boston Coin Show
Boston "Bay State Coin Show" update. As I mentioned I was on a Carson City Mint mission and the show did not disappoint me at all. The first table I went to had some beautiful Carson City Mint Trade Dollars in the case it was a very nice AU-58 1877-CC. There were also many GSA and regular CC Dollars everywhere. After meeting with some of my dealer friends I went into one of the rooms and I was in Carson City heaven,this was the Liberty Seated Collectors Club table. Up close and personal was a complete collection of CC Half Dollars and Liberty Seated Dollars form the famed CC mint. Here I met Dennis Fortier Director Northeast Region of the LSCC who let me view his personal collection of these jewels. Yes my brother came over and asked me to wipe the drool off the case. Over all it was a great day and yes I ended up joining that club also as it ties in well to my ultimate favorite our Carson City Mint. In speaking with Dennis I mentioned our great club and he seemed very interested and said that we will most definitely discuss coming on-board. Stay tuned!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 10 months ago #2895 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Boston Coin Show
Hi Loosechange

I know I'm a little late here, sorry 'bout that!
It sounds like you had a great time in "bean town" at the coin show....I wish I could've joined you there, it's so darn far from the dry deserts of the Vegas valley.
Boston was my home for a few years way back in the time of my wild youthful band days. I attended Berklee College of Music in the early 70's. I would've had a ball going back to my college hometown and this time, taking in a great coin show.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2898 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Boston Coin Show
I didnt know you went to Berklee, Drummer. Cool. A kid from my son's high school just finished his freshman year there. My daughter just left Boston for good, so I will miss McGreevy's and the North End Italian food.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2900 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Boston Coin Show
Hi Garryn

Yes, I attended Berklee College of Music in Boston on a 2-year "performance diploma" program...don't know if they even offer that any more, but I had the time of my life there. This was in 1970-71...wayyyyy back!!

My main teacher was the late great Alan Dawson who was one of the finest drummers I ever knew (not to mention that he was an exceptionally cool person). Alan completely re-vamped my way of playing drums...he showed me the correct way to sit, posture, breathe, set-up my kit, tune...everything. Believe me, Alan was the coolest! God rest his soul...and he had soul!

Back in those times, Boston was really jumpin'....Berklee itself is situated in the back-bay area of bean town and is near all the best clubs in its day. Guys like Buddy Rich dropped in several times (unannounced) to give demos etc.

I have no idea how the school is now or even what it's like anymore...it's been such a long time, but back then, that was THE music school in the country (even the world) to attend!

the (old) drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 10 months ago #2901 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Boston Coin Show
I dont know exactly how the school is run now, it's one of those that requires an audition to be admitted. Comnservatory style. Alot of famous people went thru there. Including you!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds