c4oa header mint

Comstock/Carson Mint Seminar-Spirit of the West set

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #2484 by coindrummer
Greetings "CC" fans

I am presenting another special coin set from my collection.

Lately, there's been a lot of "hub-bub" about a recent "Comstock Seminar" hosted by one of the invited guest speakers at the real and original Comstock/Carson Mint Seminar held October 5th - 7th, 2006.

This recent "Seminar" host took all the credit for this fabulous idea. His project was a virtual duplication of the original Seminar hosted, planned, spear-headed and conceived by Rusty Goe. Alas, this recent "Seminar" host accepted all the glory without giving due credit to the actual originator Rusty.

I'm one of the very lucky few who had the honor of attending the real, true, original Comstock/Carson Mint Seminar in 2006. This special set from my collection was not given out to all that attended...it was a special order placed during the Seminar and mailed to my home several weeks later. There were only 100 sets made and mine is number 17 (of 100)

The Nevada Statehood quarter and Spirit of the West medallion set are both in .999 fine silver. Both coins are housed in a silver cardboard display as shown:

The silver colored display board is then housed in a silver colored inner envelope:

The silver colored coin display and envelope is then fitted in the white envelope marked:
Comstock/Carson Mint Seminar
October 5th - 7th, 2006

Then all is housed in the final white outside envelope:

This is a very special set from a very special Seminar...the original one....it was truly one of the funnest experiences ever!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2492 by Garryn
That is a really nice set and momento from that occasion. However, is there a discrepancy between the information on the card and on the envelope? The card is correct when it describes the quarter as proof and the medal as .999 silver. The outside envelope, the last picured, refers to a silver clad medal and uncirculated quarter. Were both formats issued?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2495 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

Good eye!! Yes...there were two different sets (I have both)

The set I have pictured was a special set of only 100...mine is set #17. These 100 special sets have the "Spirit of the West" medallion in .999 fine silver struck on the old coin press #1 at the NV State Museum. The quarter dollar is the same in both sets and was minted at the Denver mint. Notice that "COPY" was stamped on the qearter (I suppose for legality issues).
My guess is that they overlooked the facts discrepencies and used the same outer envelopes for both sets.
Either way, I'm happy to have mine!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2497 by Garryn
Lol, I hope everyone looked inside their envelopes before they walked away...

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2498 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

This particular set was mailed...I waited several weeks for it too. I'd a been hoppin' mad if they would of got it wrong!!
I would've parra-diddled all over their rat-a-ma-cue!!! hahaha

the drummer :blink:

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2499 by Garryn
OT Mike, Speaking of that, one of my kids showed me a two year old copy of Modern Drummer, featuring Carmine Appice. Do you have any Carmine Appice stories?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Garryn.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds