c4oa header mint

"With Curry's Compliments"

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2867 by coindrummer
Greetings to all "CC" fans

May I present to you another great book that I humbly consider "must" reading for all "CC" fans....highly recommended!
It's a short easy to read book with some nice historic black & white photos you won't find anywhere else.

I got my copy several years ago at the Mark Twain book store in Virginia City NV. The NV State Museum in Carson City NV also may sell copies of these books in the gift shop.
I do know that this book (along with several others like "Mintmark "CC") were originally limited print editions....they seem to be getting harder to find these days.
I believe this book is still available though.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2871 by randysc
Drummer, you seem to buy a lot of books at the Mark Twain Bookstore in Virginia City. You must be like me, every time I go to Virginia City I make it a point to go to that bookstore and buy a book concerning history of the V.C./C.C. area. I spend time in there until my family grabs me by the arm and pulls me out. It is a great bookstore. Have not run across this one yet, but will keep an eye out for it on the next visit, August.
-R.-

More
12 years 10 months ago #2872 by coindrummer
Hi Randy

I do get a lot of books from that book store. Probably because they're one of the very few who carries these type of books in their inventory.

It's actually a small store, but big on Comstock related themes and history.

I'll probably pick up another good book or two this coming August.

See you in August...I'm really looking forward to it

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 10 months ago #2906 by mycc
Replied by mycc on topic Re:"With Curry's Compliments"
Yes, it is absolutely a must for the Library. Excellent, informative and a huge reference/resource footnote section. I picked mine up at the Museum in Carson. The ones there are signed by the author (at least mine was).
bob:)

More
12 years 10 months ago #2907 by coindrummer
Hi mycc

Yes...the NV State Museum is a great place to get books and With Curry's Compliments is a fine addition to any library.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 10 months ago #2908 by Garryn
There are examples on Amazon in the $20 range. Someone else is trying to sell one for more that $90

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds