c4oa header mint

Some people never learn

More
13 years 1 month ago #2393 by mitchell
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis ebay seller decided to sell this nice GSA dollar by breaking it out of the hard pack:

It's a pity because the coin itself looks decent. I don't have the heart to tell the seller that by breaking the coin out, they just cut themselves out of a 20% premium and destroyed the originality of the coin.

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2394 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Some people never learn
Right, he just removed a whole spectrum of collectors who would like to have a possible PL dollar in a GSA holder. :(

More
13 years 1 month ago #2395 by Loosechange
It amazes me what people do, especially when it ends up hurting them in the long run. You would think that they would educate themselves even a little bit before destroying a piece of history like that. They are not the first to do it and certainly will not be the last.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago #2403 by Garryn
I had contact with the seller. He realizes that he did not make a wise decision and he is ready to deal with the consequences.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2404 by mitchell
Replied by mitchell on topic Re:Some people never learn
In all fairness to the seller, breaking the coin out of the GSA holder was the thing to do 20 years ago. The plastic was big and took up a lot of space especially when schlepping a case or two of coins at a coin show. I have to plead guilty to breaking many, many GSAs out in the old days.

Getting a clean view of PL or DMPL surfaces through plastic is just tough anyway. If you've ever held a raw, ultra-deep morgan and studied the reflectivity, you'll know what I mean.

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2405 by Garryn
I agree, and it's an '83. If he cracked out an '80, '81 or '85, he would probably be pilloried on the Collector's Universe forum. :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds