c4oa header mint

1884-CC UNC Morgan Dollar

More
12 years 5 months ago #3782 by maryelise8863
I received a generous Christmas present yesterday! For coming out to help Dad-Doc get online, and probably because he's proud of his daughter being a new collector.

I'm calling her Lady Xmas!

This is quite the upgrade for me, the "details" collector. And he helped me fulfill three parameters for my collection: One GSA dollar, an UNC "grade" (I may submit it to NGC at some point for the MS), and 1884 is the last date in my 10-consecutive-date requirement (I already have a variety of 1875 through 1879 coins).

I'd take a photo of the reverse, but you know how hard it is to take great coin photos. I'll get it done at some point.

maryelise8863

Mary Elise
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3784 by Loosechange
That is a very nice coin!!!!!!!! Congrats.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 5 months ago #3793 by coindrummer
Hi Maryelise

It's really good to have a "CC" collector as a dad isn't it?

Your new Christmas gift looks beautiful....I offer my congrats to you...and Merry Christmas too!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 5 months ago #3794 by maryelise8863
Thanks, Loosechange and Drummer!

Here are better pics...I hope.

Dad also took me to a coin show today. I couldn't afford anything. :(

But he valued my second opinion on a double eagle...great reddish reverse like The Drummer's Blood Red coin, but a very unfortunate and distracting scratch across the mouth on the obverse. And I longingly looked at an XF45 half eagle. :ohmy:

The VAM folks at the show confirmed my 1878-CC Morgan is indeed a VAM-24. Dad was pleased that his kid figured it out for herself. :)

And then Dad walked around telling everyone about my article in The Numismatist. How embarrassing. :blush:

For Muz's (Mary Ann's) early Christmas gift...Steelers stuff. For Dad...a partial payment on a printer to go with his new computer...and a used DSL cable...and a used flash drive...and a used USB hub...and ongoing computer lessons for the next week. It's good to have a kid who is somewhat techie. B)

All in all a good day, but we're pooped!

Mary Elise
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #3795 by coindrummer
Hi Maryelise

Yes...much better pics! You are off to a great start in the one of the most fulfilling and rewarding endeavors of a lifetime!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 5 months ago #3796 by mitchell
Hi Maryelise:

Great start! Better be careful - I've been dealing with a 28 year addiction and haven't ever looked back. ;)

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds