c4oa header mint

There's still silver in them thar hills!

More
12 years 11 months ago #2640 by mitchell
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/...05/29/MN5U1JKV20.DTL

Deja vu all over again - this is bringing back to the last run-up in silver prices in 1980 courtesy of the Hunt brothers.

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2645 by Carsonite
Mitchell,

This is a huge story in the northern Nevada region. A group of residents in the old Comstock region are infuriated that this Comstock Mining Company is invading their territory. Yet representatives of the CMC say their company only has the best interests of the area in mind.

To put their money where their mouth is, owners of the CMC have bought the old Gold Hill Hotel. They say they have plans to rennovate the property and preserve it for future generations.

This revival in mining in the historic region could give the area a much needed boost in publicity and tourism, or it could result in an environmental nightmare. It will take years to see which way the wind blows.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 11 months ago #2649 by Loosechange
I think for CMC to start mining there in the Virginia City area would destroy the history and integrity of the area. Then again maybe they won't , I can only hope that this historic area stays the way it is. I, as an outsider appreciates the beauty and history of the area and could not imagine it looking different.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds