c4oa header mint

Advertising C4OA on Other Websites/Discussion Boards

More
12 years 6 months ago #3501 by maryelise8863
Since I've been poking around the C4OA discussion board A LOT... :laugh:

And I've been doing research on the Internet until my eyeballs want to fall out of my head... :blink:

I decided to follow a recommendation from the lovely Ms. Maya.

I just joined another discussion board called Coin Talk. Between you and me, I'd much rather talk to my C4OA friends all the time. BUT, Ms. Maya made an excellent point about advertising the C4OA to others out there in Internetland.

So I posted my newbie introduction on Coin Talk which included the following:

I am a brand new collector as of 2011, and I specifically collect Carson City coins. I'm a member of the C4OA (Carson City Coin Collectors of America)... If you have CC (Carson City) information and links you want to share with me, I welcome them! If you have CC questions, I know enough to be slightly dangerous, and perhaps a little more to point you in the right direction...

Who knows what interest this could spark for the C4OA?

I'm betting a lot of you already do this yourselves, or this is how YOU found out about the C4OA. So if you're out there in Internetland talking about coins, please drop a few links to: www.carsoncitycoinclub.com

:cheer:
maryelise

Mary Elise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3523 by Ms. Maya
Mary Elise,

Thanks for taking the ball and running with it—you got the idea! We have tried to encourage all the participants on the Discussion Board to spread the word about the C4OA website and forum for over two years. Now, maybe we can really put that plan into action with other participants following your example.

If C4OAers on the Discussion Board feel like there is something here worth shouting about, then shout about it!

If each Discussion Board participant is surfing the web and browsing other numismatic forums and websites, then don’t just visit them—participate, and take advantage of a great opportunity to promote our awesome club.

The fact is, unless people are actively going onto other forums and article comment sections saying “Hey the C4OA Discussion Board has TONS of information available, and the people on it are great ... Here’s a link,” then we simply won’t get found.

This thought is really discouraging, because I feel
the C4OA website and the Discussion Board have just as much (if not more) to offer visitors than any other forum out there. Just think of all the Carson City Mint-related articles and information that you wouldn’t have found if you hadn’t already been a member on this forum. It’s astonishing what we have to offer “CC”-enthusiasts.

Take, for instance, PCGS’s Collectors Universe forum. This is the largest numismatic forum available. C4OAers should register on Collectors Universe and draw people’s attention to our Discussion Board. Leave little breadcrumbs for other “CC” collectors to follow.

We deserve to be found, and word-of-mouth is the best advertising. Anyone that doesn’t know about us is missing out.

Once again, thank you, Mary Elise, for promoting our club and website. Hopefully we can get more newbies in so they can see how great the C4OA is, too!

Maya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds