c4oa header mint

COWboys Article in the Spring, 2011 Chronicle

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2154 by coindrummer
Greetings C4OAers

I'm honored to have my article "COWBOYS ON THE C4OA DISCUSSION BOARD FORUM" in this latest spring 2011 edition of the Curry's Chronicle.

At the time I was writing my article(early January 2011), one of our current writers Deepsouthspike had not yet had a Coin of the Week article posted so he was not mentioned in my article. This was not a glaring ommision...simply put, he was not yet a COW writer at the time of this article's birth.

Then came Deepsouthspike's premiere COW posting of February 13, 2011 - the 1872-CC eagle. POW!! He blew everyone away with the quality and quantity of his first amazing post. He immediately raised the bar as his post reset the standards that every new COWpost would have to henceforth achieve.

Although it's too late now to mention him in my Curry's article, I would like to recognize him here and now now...a most deserving recognition!
I only wish that ...a.) I would've waited one more Chronicle issue to post my Cowboys article, or...b.) Deepsouthspike would've began posting COW articles earlier.

Either way, this is one of our best COW writers and his name needs to be mentioned.

From this point, I will leave it to the wishes of Deepsouthspike to reveal his identity...most of you know it anyway!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2158 by Garryn
Drummer, I received my Journal yesterday and saw the article. I liked it alot. Great idea. We all appreciate the notoriety.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Garryn.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2160 by deepsouthspike
Drummer,

Thank you to you, and the rest of the COWboys for adding me to this wonderful group of "CC" Writers. Even though I did not start making the most of this forum until just recently, the best part is that you can go back to the older posts from a year ago, etc. and still enjoy them and continue to add to each of their great content! How many coin clubs even have such a forum for dicussion in which we can all share our passions for our favorite stories and coins, etc?

I would like to say Thank you again to all who have had a part in creating this forum for us to share our thoughts, ideas and Comstock pleasures!
Best always,
Tom DeFina
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by deepsouthspike.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2165 by coindrummer
Thank you Garryn

It's writers like you that have made this project the special (and fun) that it has been! Thank you for being a most encouraging supporter of our club.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2166 by coindrummer
...and Thank you too Tom

It's members like you that make our C4OA club great!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2172 by Belayoff
Drummer,

Your Coin of the Week article is a perfect entry for Curry's Chronicle. I take my hat off to you!

I too am very pleased with Deepsouthspikes entry into the COW boys.
As you point out, his first article demonstrated his expertise and passion on all subjects Cc related.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds