c4oa header mint

Concerns about the ANA's upcoming tour of the Comstock

More
13 years 4 days ago #2577 by Belayoff
Agreed Randy! Like I said to Dan...anyone with a basic knowledge of Carson City coins will not be able to miss the glaring absence of our club's participation and Rusty Goe's input.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 days ago #2581 by coindrummer
Hi Belay

Your letter article here is very well written and completely correct.

What really bothers me is this whole ANA Comstock tour idea was stolen from Rusty Goe who originally conceived of and hosted the event: (Comstock/Carson City Mint Inaugural Seminar - October 5-7, 2006)

The instigator of this latest ANA Comstock Seminar,Fred Holabird virtually duplicated Rusty's original Comstock Seminar down to the last minute detail. He didn't even bother to give any credit for this idea....the NV State Museum coiner at the NV State museum was also part of Rusty's original Comstock Seminar and was even at the final Seminar dinner at the Gold Hill hotel. Mr. Hopple (the coiner) knew very well that this whole ANA Comstock/Holabird set-up was originally Rusty's idea...still, not one mention....unbelievable!

Plaguerism (spelling?) is the word that comes to mind here....

Like you Belay, I am totally baffled by the lack of respect shown to Rusty on the part of the NV State museum and their personel...they have at their fingertips a consummate world expert on the subject of "CC" coins and related history and don't even use it!

Anyway...your's is a very nice letter and hopefully someone(s) from the ANA will read it and gain a little much-needed information.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds