c4oa header mint

Price for a neat 79-CC GSA --Pic added---

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1173 by Garryn
This one sold on the Bay for $8,099. Did anyone here pick it up?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370381846086

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Garryn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1174 by mycc
Replied by mycc on topic Re:Price for a neat 79-CC GSA
No not me. But, I was watching at the end. Some spectacular toning that obviously appeals to quite a few! Would that have been in the mixed category for less than $30?

bob:ohmy:

More
13 years 11 months ago #1176 by Garryn
I dont know. Being a 79-CC, I think that was one of the dates that was set aside at a "premium price" by the Mint. Maybe someone would know for sure. That was a fair price I thought. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I will post a pic of it here later for posterity.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1181 by blu62vette
I would have to see that one in hand. Seller angles his pics, I really wonder what it looks like in normal light sitting on a table.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1185 by Belayoff
Hey guys!

Tell me if I'm wrong here but when a silver coin such as this is massively toned on one side but pure as snow on the other, doesn't that usually mean the coin was the end coin in a coin roll?

I'm sure Carsonite can tell us whether the GSA hoard was selected from bags or rolls and whether such one-sided toning can occur outside of "end of the role" circumstances.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Belayoff.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1186 by blu62vette
I think on an end roll you would see more folds and lines. More like the following:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds