c4oa header mint

"CrAzY" auction!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1816 by mitchell
"CrAzY" auction! was created by mitchell
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationFor your amusement:

$379 for a 1878 GSA Certificate of Authenticity!!!!!!!
Insane.

The scarce date COAs 1879, 1890 and 1891 are worth hefty premiums. Not this.

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1817 by Carsonite
Replied by Carsonite on topic Re:"CrAzY" auction!
Mitchell,

At first, I thought this eBayer must have made a typo in his price listing for the 1878-CC GSA card, becasue I've never heard of a GSA card for this date selling for more than $35.

I looked at some of this seller's past eBay auctions and saw that he [I'm assuming the seller is a "he"] sold an 1885-CC GSA card for $90 (I usually see cards with this date offered for $25 or less). The seller's hype for this card was its number--85144446--which he described as "Very Cool," because it had four "4s" in it (I didn't know there was a subset of GSA card collectors who were interested in the digit combinations in the serial numbers).

This same seller must be on a roll with these GSA cards, because he also sold one dated 1880-CC for $150 two weeks ago. I usually see cards with this date offered for $20 or less.

We'll have to keep an eye on the sale of this 1878-CC GSA---a new wave of interest in these cards might be emerging.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Added word.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1818 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:"CrAzY" auction!
THUD!!!! Jaw hitting the floor. I feel like I am missing something here. Maybe Rusty you have it right with a new wave of interest in cards. all I can say is WOW!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1819 by mitchell
Replied by mitchell on topic Re:"CrAzY" auction!
I don't get it. The 1878 card or even the particular serial number of that card is not at all special. Maybe if the card was 7800001 - but is even that cards $379 special??? You can buy two common date GSAs (83, 84) for that much money - I know I would prefer the dollars as a better value.

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by mitchell.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1821 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:"CrAzY" auction!
Shipping is free though. You have to give him that :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds