c4oa header mint

Lack of Carson City coins on bourse floor.

More
14 years 9 months ago #275 by Belayoff
I did not get a chance to see more than about half the bourse floor booths at the ANA event in LA but of those I viewed, other than Morgans, there were a few nice CC gold pieces but not very many silver CC coins to be found. Admittedly, I arrived on the second day and did most of my viewing on the third day of the event, so I'm sure some coins were sold.

Interestingly, I found one 1870 CC F15 quarter displayed in a booth but when I inquired, I was told it was not for sale. Later, I dragged a couple of C4OA guys over to see it but it was gone.

Of the few nice CC coins I viewed, excluding the Morgans, the highlights were two 1870 CC double eagles, an 1877 CC double eagle graded MS 62 (tied for best), an 1871 CC XF Seated Dollar, an 1872 CC Seated Dollar graded AU 55 or 58 and an 1876 CC MS67 dime.

Did anyone see others worth knowing about?

Belayoff

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #279 by ccroger
Saw a nice PCGS 1889 CC Morgan in MS 64 DMPL....

Went through lots of 1882 CC's looking for vam 2's without success except for a nice vam 2b in a GSA holder.

More
14 years 9 months ago #280 by Garryn
The 2b is described as a short lived die state. The clashing of the n at the neck on the obverse and the MPD under the first 8 has been polished away. The counterclash at Liberty's lips has not yet occurred.

More
14 years 9 months ago #285 by Belayoff
For all you Vamatics there was certainly no lack of Morgans to examine.

Belayoff

C4OA Lifer!

More
14 years 9 months ago #287 by Garryn
Actually Belay, the regulars on Vamworld refer to themselves as VAMpires.. :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds