c4oa header mint

CC Gold and other confusion on the bourse floor.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #286 by Belayoff
Other than the two 1870 Double Eagles (aka widgets) there was a tantalizing 1871 CC twenty graded AU 55 at one of the bourse tables...one of a half dozen at that top PCGS grade. A gorgeous coin at a great price I thought. Buy it I said!!...and all agreed. But, while reaching for my role of Franklins, out fell my loop from the wad. What the heck, I said...lets take a peak...and all agreed.

Surprisingly, close examination revealed a 1/3 inch long scratch on the middle right of the obverse. I was stunned. How could that be with such a lofty grade for all to see? Junk it I said.... and all agreed.

I spotted a golden glow flickering in the air above an adoring crowd across the room. The Drummer said "It must be a monster" so we elbowed our way in and found it to be an 1877 CC $20 in an MS 62 holder. Wow, said Maya, that's really fine, is it not? You betcha said the dealer, it's tied for the number one spot. With a cagey grin he divulged the price, but instead of her Visa, Maya just gave him a pout. A little while later I over heard Drummer screaming "sell everything" into his cell phone. Now can anyone tell me what that was all about?

Confused...Belayoff

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: MS-62 not 63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #288 by Ms. Maya
Haha, Belay. It was certainly interesting to be able to walk around the bourse with such an intelligent, entertaining group. There's some things you just can't appreciate as much as when you're alongside Rusty while he's doing what he does best. I can see how easily people can get overwhelmed with everything there was to look at in LA. Luckily, my piggy bank doesn't allow much room for big oops's when it comes to "CCs." In fact, without me going through Rusty and my mom, I don't even have a piggy bank!

I have to say, my first ANA was an incredible, eye-opening experience. It will be an interesting change of scenery when everyone meets up at the Carson City show next week.

-Maya

More
14 years 4 months ago #806 by coindrummer
Oh I shoulda read this over five months ago when you posted this Belay...It's just great! I'm ashamed to say that I just read this now..today..January 17, 2010!
Wasn't that the funnest ANA show ever? I hope we get to do that again sometime!

better late than never...the drummer

"....Sell everything....everything!!!"

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds