c4oa header mint

The E-Gobrecht Auction news of CC coins

More
12 years 6 months ago #3568 by Loosechange
Auction News as reported in the E-Gobrecht newsletter by Jim Gray, LSCC#664
Not much to report on any significant dimes or quarter denominations however the half dollars had an even gray 1870-CC in VF35 go for $8924.00 while an 1873-CC with arrows in AU55 sold for $4313.00.
Dollar coins were a lone example of a 1872-CC in VF35 sold for $4888.00. All coins reported in this post were from the Heritage Auctions Pittsburgh ANA sale this past October.

Happy Hunting,
Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3574 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

Thank you for this pricing info. These reflect "real-world" prices on what our beloved "CC" coins are truly worth today.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3575 by Loosechange
Your Welcome Drummer, I find this info a great tool along with other auction data and then you can make your own conclusion where the market is headed. I do know that the price guides don't truly reflect the real prices out there. My case in point regarding my quest for CC half dollars, the prices are so far off and if the price guides were correct I would have finished the set I am working on a long time ago.
I will probably have a harder time now looking for half dollars because Denis Fortier will be giving a lecture November 12th at the Boston show about building a set of CC half dollars on a Budget.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds