c4oa header mint

December E-Gobrecht Auction News

More
12 years 5 months ago #3809 by Loosechange
Hello Everyone !!! Jim Gray LSCC#664 reports in the E-Gobrecht Newsletter from the Stacks-Bowers Baltimore Sale that an 1872-CC half dollar with deep toning grading XF-40 realized $2473.00, while an 1874-CC half in AU-55 with gray toning and a soft strike did not sell. In the dollar category a lightly toned 1871-CC in XF-45 sold for a whopping $23,000.00. Looks like there were slim pickings at the latest major auction. Up next will be the FUN show in Florida after the New Year and we will see what the Carson City coin market brings.

Thanks to Mr. Jim Gray LSCC#664 for providing this info in the E-Gobrecht Newsletter of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club each and every month.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3813 by mitchell
Thanks for the report.

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3814 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

Thank you for your report of one of your favorite "CC" denominations.

Keep us tuned to the FUN show results.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 4 months ago #3815 by Loosechange
Hi Drummer,

I know that it seems that way, reporting on my favorite denomination however, that was all that Jim Gray had to report. I was kind of shocked myself that there were not any notable "CC" coins up for auction. Maybe I should peruse some of the other sites out there and get some numbers. Other than listing it in xf-45, the 1871-CC dollar did not say what grading plastic it rested in if any,and at $23000. is that a bargain???. I was also surprised that no dimes, twenty centers, and quarters form Carson City were listed either. You are so right though I do love the "CC" halves.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds