c4oa header mint

Coin Of the Week 1871-CC Seated Liberty Half Dollar

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2503 by randysc
Hey Loosechange-
Very good info on the 1871 CC half dollar. I would think that the most likely reasoning for the so few high grade examples of the '71s' most likely was the possibility that they were put to work into circulation, and of course the melts. I share your fondness with the CC half dollar series. I think with all the attention on the CC Morgan dollars and the CC gold coinage, that the half dollars often fly under the radar. With their low mintages (compared to the other mints) many of them are not really priced out of reach. Thanks for your dedication.
-R-
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by randysc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2504 by Loosechange
Hi Randy,
I agree these coins do fly under the radar. A ten coin series such as the halves are a set that most can complete. With some patience a beautiful matched set can be had without an outlay of tens of thousands of dollars unless of course you choose high end coins. (if you can find them) I am slowly working on a set now and hopefully will share my set via pictures on this very forum.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Loosechange. Reason: info

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #2509 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

I can't wait to see your completed "CC" half dollar set.

Six of the Top 25 "CC" coins as listed in Rusty Goe's book,
The Mint on Carson Street are from this series:

1870, 1871, 1872, 1873(without arrows), 1874 and 1878 Carson City seated half dollars are on this prestigious list. So yes, this complete set is an outstanding collection and a most worthwhile accomplishment.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 7 months ago #3338 by coindrummer
Hi to all"CC" fans and C4OA bloggers

I am adding another image (the 1871-CC seated half dollar) to one of our previous great COW posts.
This image is courtesy of Southgate Coins (Thank you Rust, Marie and all the crew at Southgate):
1871-CC Seated Half Dollar PCGS XF-45 (Image courtesy of Southgate Coins)

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds