c4oa header mint

1876-CC $5 Gold CC Coin of the Week - 9-11-2011

More
12 years 8 months ago #3128 by coindrummer
Hi Belay

Thank for your gracious words.

This has been one fantastic project...the most fun learning experience I've ever had.
I also would like to thank you for all you work that you Belay have contributed to this great COW project. We simply could not have done it without you. Your writing is top notch and your articles reflect the many hours put in...then there's all the organizational hours - COW charts and all the rest. Simply amazing.

I am honored to be your friend and fellow COW boy

Nice pic (COW boys in front of the Gold Hill Hotel) by the way!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3129 by deepsouthspike
drummer,

I would also like to say "Thank You" to you for all of your contributions to this amazing 111 week project as well. It is easy to see how each "COWboy" has grown in a journalistic sense since this project began.

You told your story on the 76-CC Half Eagle as if you were a reporter for the Territorial Enterprise back on the Comstock , almost as if you had been there living the experience and reporting in the year this was all taking place.

And I know you are extremely proud to be the owner of this prime 76-CC Half Eagle example from a year in which our Nation celebrated it's 100th birthday!

and Thanks again to the CCCCOA and to Southgate Coins for bringing such a wonderful group of people together to enjoy our same passions for the Carson City Mint.....and most importantly for the knowledge and friendships we each have gained along the way!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3133 by Garryn
You went out with some really nicely presented essays, Mike. Great job!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3134 by coindrummer
Thank you Garryn

this has been a very special and fun project for all of us...I will miss it.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 8 months ago #3135 by Garryn
Well, we can devote more energy to writing for the Chronicle now.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3136 by randysc
Hey Drummer-
I gotta say, you scored again with another excellent constructed and informative article. I echo Loosechange's comment about Carson City getting the most half eagle issues for 1876. Wow, a rare year when the C.C. Mint made the majority strikes for a coin, and did it with only 6,887 mintage.

I also agree with the others as well as to the look to your coin. The esteemed graders at PCGS were very conservative when they graded this one. Prehaps they did it on a Monday, after a big PCGS holiday office party. Your coin, in my opinion for what its worth, has a look and detail way beyond a VF-20.

I have really enjoyed your articles you have done on the C.C. half eagle series and respect your knowledge of the subject, the reason I asked your opinion on that one we looked at the Carson City show, the one that got away (DANG! That still hurts.) You have inspired me to concentrate more on setting a goal of putting together a set of C.C. half eagles myself. It will be a slow and long trail, but the hunt is on.

My thanks to you for your dedication on this project and treasured contribution, not only to the COW project, but to this club as well. Your heart being in the right place shows. It is indeed, sir, a privilege to have made your acquaintance. Thanks again.

One final thought on the presidential election of 1876. I wonder if they counted all the hanging chads?
With respect,
-R-

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds