c4oa header mint

1892-CC $10 Gold CC Coin of the Week 9-18-11

More
12 years 7 months ago #3144 by Garryn
Thanks Maya, for checking on that and thanks for your nice comment.

Garry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3151 by Belayoff
Garry,

ery well done article on the 1892-CC Eagle! Are the nicely toned coin and the exposition medal yours?

I can't help but think that the Columbian Exposition which opened the following year, may have been the only large scale, upbeat event going on in the nation. Next week I will report on the 1893-CC Eagle, minted at the beginning of what eventually became a full scale economic depression.

When I read about the tripled motto for the first time, I dragged my 1892-CC Eagle out of the safe and took a close look, just in case. Guess what? I got lucky and own a nice example of the tripled die variety!

1892-CC $10 Eagle "Tripled Motto" MS-61 NGC

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #3152 by Garryn
Thanks Belay, I feel that John McCloskey's speculation will prove correct and all examples are from the same die. Just a hunch. You have a great specimen yourself, I like the color. The half dollar is not mine. The two elongated coins are. I have 30 of them. all varieties except one. And many different host coins.

I look forward to your last essay next Sunday. Till then.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #3159 by randysc
Great stuff, Garry.
Interesting facts you have brought forth on this issue, the 1892-CC eagle. While I have both the 1892 and 1893 Columbian half dollars (as well as an Isabella Quarter) I have yet to own an 1892-CC eagle, no particular reason, just haven't gotten around to it yet, but its in my sights. With this cool tripled die variety, it will give me something more to watch out for. I wonder, has it ever been determined if the tripled variety is unique to this issue or is it more common and one without the tripling the more scarcer? The comment of John McCloskey makes me wonder if this has ever been settled. I guess it may still be too early to tell to be conclusive. Anyway, once again you have done well, my friend. Looking forward to your next on October 23rd and thanks to you for your dedication to this project and to this club.
-R.-
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by randysc.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3164 by Garryn
Thanks Randy for your efforts also

More
12 years 7 months ago #3169 by coindrummer
Hi Garryn

Congrats on a fantastic article! I believe this is your best COW post yet. I've seen constant improvement in all the posts since the project began.

I love the picture of the "tripled Motto" variety...I have got to get me one of those!

My personal thanks garryn for being one of the great contributors to this most worthwhile project.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds