c4oa header mint

1891-CC $20 Gold Carson City Coin of theWeek 10-23-2011

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3417 by Carsonite
GarryN,

You have been involved in this COTW project from start to finish and because of this you are in an elite group.

You bid farewell with a very effective presentation. You added something that I don't think has appeared in any of the other 105 COTW articles---Five prices realized, with images, for examples of your subject coin. You definitely exited the stage with a special flare.

It's too bad we couldn't round up all of you COWboys in one place at one time so you could collectively take a bow. I guess this will just have to happen in spirit only. Still, some day, maybe all you COWboys can get together for a dinner and reminisce about your experiences in participating in this project.

Thank you for recognizing my Southgate crew and me.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Text sizing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3418 by Garryn
Thank you Rusty and all of you for your kind comments. I agree it would be quite an event if all the writers were together for a photo. We will have to work on that.

There are probably some pedigrees associated with the coins I featured. That will take a little more research to sort out. I will get to it.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3419 by Belayoff
Well done Garryn!

I loved the opening story and the flavor of the old west it provided.

Most people tend to gravitate to the photos of the highest graded coins in these kinds of articles. But, in this case, the photo you provided of the VF-30 example really caught my eye. It looked to be superior for the grade. Given the cost, at less than half that of the AU examples, it was a solid acquisition for someone.

Thanks sincerely for your long term participation in the Carson City Coin of the Week project. All of us have gained knpowledge and insight by having such an experienced collector within our little group.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3424 by deepsouthspike
Garryn,

You have done an amazing job with your posts! I also have learned so much from each and every one of them.

I did notice that while everyone seems to be almost saying "adios" while coming to terms with the idea that this 111 week project is soon coming to term, it is still just the very beginning of this forum and the C4OA and after seeing how each and every contributor in this project has developed, I cannot wait to see what the future brings in the study of the Coins from the great Carson City Nevada Mint!

Best to you Sir,
deepsouthspike

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds