c4oa header mint

1876-CC 20-cent Piece CC Coin of the Week - 11-20-2011

More
12 years 5 months ago #3752 by Carsonite
Belay Off, Loosechange, GarryN, and The Drummer,

I appreciate all of your generous comments about my COTW article about the 1876-CC twenty-cent piece. Even if I only write to an audience of four people, it's gratifying to know they learned something from what I had to say.

My best to you guys.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3753 by coindrummer
Hi Carsonite

....And WOW did we ever learn a lot from your amazing post!

Thank you for my new "reference" for the fabulous 1876-CC twenty-center!

the drummer

PS I truly have pity for those who did not read this post...

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by coindrummer.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3755 by Loosechange
I agree with you Drummer, for those that did not read the article of this important numismatic gem they surely missed out. I can also say I am now a proud owner of a Carson City 20 cent piece ( even though it is a 1875-CC ) What fascinates me about the 1876-CC 20 cent coin is the doubling on the Liberty as well as the stars.I wonder why they were so sloppy in the manufacture of this coin.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3757 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

Congratulations on your acquisition of an 1875-CC Twenty-Center!

Since the 1876-CC 20 cent piece is prohibitively rare (only around 19 people on planet earth can own one) the 1875 is our only alternative.
Rusty in TMOCS estimates that there are around 7,000 to 10,000 extant...if there were ever a serious "run" on them they could become very elusive indeed. It's good that you got one while the gettin' is good!

Here's a picture of my 1875-CC Twenty Center. It's a PCGS graded AU-58 in an old green holder. Typically, the picture does not do the coin justice.
It has a nice strong strike reverse. I love this coin and am lucky and honored to have stewardship of it!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by coindrummer.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3759 by Loosechange
That is a beauty Drummer. The reverse looks like an eagle cameo!! My coin is a nice vf coin for my CC type set. Just need to more before i order the holder from Southgate. An 1876 were sure look better but....

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 5 months ago #3763 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

Yes...I know what you mean...I'd trade my 1875-CC twenty center for an 1876-CC twenty center any day!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds