c4oa header mint

DELETED POSTS

More
12 years 9 months ago #2932 by Ms. Maya
DELETED POSTS was created by Ms. Maya
Sometimes "the best laid schemes of mice and men go oft awry."

I put in a request to Hostgator, the company that hosts the C4OA Web site, to restore the user stats that included the accurate post-counts from before Hostgator's blip in service on July 25 that caused a loss of some data. One of Hostgator's techs attempted to restore the lost data but in the process wiped out all new messages posted after July 25, 2011.

Hostgator is working to restore everything back to normal. I will keep you updated.

Running this Web site requires lots of supervision and patience.

-Maya

P.S. - If you encounter something weird, like a link not working, or something else out of the norm, please just assume that this is occurring because Hostgator is working on the site from the server.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2938 by Ms. Maya
Replied by Ms. Maya on topic Re:DELETED POSTS
Hi again, guys,

So I wanted to get you all up-to-speed about the work being done on the Discussion Board.

As you've noticed, for the most part the Discussion Board is back up and running... It turns out some tech at Hostgator couldn't follow the simple instructions of "restore and merge with existing," and instead he just "restored" leaving all the excess content to be thrown into cyberspace.

Right now, we are still missing 1 thread, and Hostgator is working to recover it--the thread was from GarryN, and it was titled "Did Some of the Posts Get Lost?" (I can only give a guess at the exact title, since it disappeared.)

But for now, we have a usuable, functioning forum. Please send me an email at maya@ccccoa.com if you see anything unusual in the forum, as I will need to contact Hostgator right away. (I wouldn't suggest messaging me through the Discussion Board... you'd never know if I got it!)

I'll keep you updated,

Maya

More
12 years 9 months ago #2940 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:DELETED POSTS
Thanks Southgate for fixing this great forum!!!!! I was having withdrawals.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3573 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:DELETED POSTS
Thanks for this web-site update Maya

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds