14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #431 by LITAS

In very basic terms, the centering of the image is done by adding
two bits of information to the "computer description of the image"

goes in front of the "description" and
goes
after the "description".

For example, [

In real life the "description" may look like this,

[[img]http:/i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/johnarmonas/20cOBVGallery.jpg[/img]

For centering the image, two bits of information are added and than it should look as follows,

[
[[img]http:/i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/johnarmonas/20cOBVGallery.jpg[/img]

That's all there is to it.

For figuring this puzzle out KUDOS should go to Rusty.

John Armonas
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Carsonite.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #433 by Garryn
Thanks very much. I tried that on my posts in the '82-CC Coin of the week and it worked, except the word "center" is visible on both sides of the image, but I dont care about that. Is there also a word that can be added to place two images side by side?

Update. I figured it out. I just noticed the slash / that has to be added in front of the word center that appears after the image. That makes the words disappear. I.e. [/center] I fixed it. ;)
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Garryn.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #434 by Carsonite
GarryN,

You need to add one more thing to your code for centering images.

Following, is the code from your image the way it looks now:
{img} i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq21/Garryna...DMPLobvmine.jpg{/img }

Please notice that the end tag
that I have highlighted in red doesn't have a forward slash "/" in front of the word center. You always need this forward slash in the second or the end tag of your code. The first tag is {center}, the second (or end tag) is {/center}.

So, go back into your message and edit it by inserting the forward slash in front of the word center in your end tags. After you make the editing changes, make sure you hit the SUBMIT button to put them into effect.

If you have any questions, please send a reply.

These questions and answers will help all C4OA "boarders" on this forum learn the basics of posting.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #435 by Carsonite
GarryN,

Way to go! I see that you fixed your centering code on the last 1882-CC DMPL dollar images you posted in the Coin of the Week section.

Now all you need to do is go back to your first post in the the "Coin of the Week" section and edit the centering tags on those images.

One more thing. It will be best to control the size of your images. You can do this by inserting the word size= (with an equal sign) in your first IMG tag for each image, and then adding the number 240 if you want to place two images side by side (you'll need to add this number at the start of each of the two side-by-side images). If you just have one larger image, you can increase your number to 600. These tags will look like this: {img size=240} or {img size=600}.

If you don't use these size controls, the images can sometimes be too large, especially if you are importing them from other Web sites or photo hosting programs. These extremely large images increase the width of the discussion board in which they're placed and can cause delays in loading the pages.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds