c4oa header mint

Rinckel Family

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2111 by Loosechange
Rinckel Family was created by Loosechange
When I received my free brochure from Bob Lindstrom regarding his family heirloom I have always been on the look out for itmes related to the Rinckel family. This is what i was able to find from The Bullion and Exchange Bank in Carson City.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Image resizing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2115 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Soory about the picture everyone. The deposit is from Louise Rinckel, member Bob Lindstroms Great Aunt.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago #2116 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Are you going to offer it to Bob?

More
13 years 2 months ago #2119 by Carsonite
Replied by Carsonite on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Mark,

Your check also displays the signature of the bank's cashier, George W. Richard. Mr. Richard, who was born in Yuba City, CA in 1852, first arrived in Carson City with his family in 1859. At the age of 12, in 1864, he served as a page in the first Nevada State Legislature. In his early twenties, he got a job with Wells Fargo in Carson City (probably worked with Henry F. Rice, a one-time superintendent at the Carson City Mint).

Later he served as Nevada's Deputy State Treasurer, and even served two temporary terms as state treasurer. He lost a bid to get elected as permanent state treasurer, and then, in 1896, he went to work for the Bullion and Exchange Bank in Carson City, where he worked for another ex-Carson Mint superindent, T. Robert Hofer.

The Bullion and Exchange Bank sent Mr. Richard to Tonopah, NV to open a branch there. A few years later, the State Bank and Trust Comapny took over the Bullion and Exchange, and sent G. W. Richard in 1904 to open a branch in Goldfield, NV.

Below is an image of George W. Richard when he was Deputy State Treasurer in 1889:

Mr. Richard left the banking business and eventually owned his own hardware and grocery business, the Richard Mercantile Company, Inc. After surviving the finacial panic of 1907, he went on to live a long and prosperous life. His son, LeRoy L. Richard, became a successful businesman in the Visalia, CA area.

Just imagine the stories G. W. Richard told his friends about the adventures he experienced when he lived in three of Nevada's famous boom towns: Carson City, Tonopah, and Goldfield.

So you see Mark, what windows of history an image like your check to Louise Rinckel can open.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2120 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Thanks Rusty for the insight on G.W. Richard. It is amazing what you can learn from just a signature. Garryn, That is what my intentions are after I enjoy this item for a short while. It was actually through Bob that I learned of the Rinckel name and their legacy in Carson City's history.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2122 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Wow you guys!

An incredible piece of history...I previously knew nothing about this.

It's amazing what you can learn by reading the C4OA blog.

Make sure Bob see's this. It's possible he knows nothing about it.

Thank you for providing the bank check pics Loosechange and thank you Carsonite for the valuable history knowledge.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by coindrummer.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds