c4oa header mint

Rinckel Family

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2124 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Hi Loosechange

Here's a picture of Bob Lindstrom showing his family heirloom
1870-CC seated dollar (courtesy of Abe Curry!)

This photo was taken by me at the C4OA regional meeting of August 21, 2009 held at the NV State Museum (Carson City mint)

Enjoy!!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2130 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Nice pics Drummer, I remember the photo from Curry's Chronicles and his story is what sparked the search. When I found this item I could not believe it. I actually hit the collecting jackpot with this item. I love history and a historical document like this is what I am always searching for. I will probably offer it to Bob, but I actually just received it within the past week and would like to enjoy it for a short while.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2132 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Hi Loosechange

Thanks for your comments....I'm glad you enjoy the pics!

I don't blame you for wanting to hang on to your historic bank check. If I owned it, I would'nt want to part with it either. Now that we found out a bit about the signatures on that check (courtesy of Carsonite) you realize that you have a unique and special piece of history in your possession. That's a good thing to have!

Thank you for sharing it with us all

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by coindrummer.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2135 by randysc
Replied by randysc on topic Re:Rinckel Family
That is some very interesting stuff. The one fact that G.W. Richards son LeRoy ended up a successful businesman in Visalia California is quite unique as Visalia is only about 40 miles south of the city I live in.
-R-
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by randysc.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2346 by mycc
Replied by mycc on topic Re:Rinckel Family
My Aunt Louise probably new Mr. Richards from both Carson City and Goldfield. It was in Goldfield that she met her husband George Blakeslee, a Jeweler. She spent many years there, before moving back to Carson City. I remember George as a young fellow. He had horrible "liver spots" all over his face and actually scared me until I heard him speak. Find deep voice and calming as well.
For those that care to search for such things as spoons from the Nevada locals you can find spoons made by G. Blakeslee and Geo Blakeslee of Goldfield. They are sterling and have a mining theme and some are quite ornate.
Occasionally they do come up on Ebay. George and Aunt Louse are buried in the old Carson Cemetery in the Rinckel plot.
Originally George was from the LA area and had a Jewelry store there.
I do have a check made payable to Matt Rinckel and endorsed by him but do not have Aunt Louise's signature. (I hope you keep and cherish that check, I'm not interested Loosechange).
And you guys think I don't read these threads!
Ha!!

bob:laugh:

More
13 years 1 month ago #2349 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:Rinckel Family
Bob, I will cherish this piece of history until it is passed on to my grandson. I almost felt like I should be obligated to return this back to the Rinckel family. I am glad I have your blessings to keep it honored on my office wall in a display with the brochures that you sent me! ( I am working on learning how to post pictures please be patient LOL ) I actually cannot wait to show all of you the display i have created.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds