For everyone interested in Duane L. Bliss
please view the following images:

Duane L. Bliss and his wife Elizabeth in 1864
The Bliss Mansion in Carson City
A historic places marker located on the grounds of the Bliss mansion
Close-up image of Bliss historic places marker
If you want to read a good book about Duane L. Bliss
and his family's legacy, check out this one

Once you open up a topic that has any connection at all to the Carson City Mint, the mint's history, Nevada's history, or anything remotely related to these subjects, the opportunities are limitless.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Carsonite. Reason: Centering

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3359 by gsmick
Thanks, Rusty. Real nice quality photos. I especially like the one of Duane and Elizabeth. Glenn

More
12 years 7 months ago #3383 by mcfly65202
Here's some tidbits to stir your curiosity regarding the Bliss Mansion. It is now a Bed and Breakfast. My wife and I stayed there on my first taste of Carson City in 2007. The place is gorgeous.

Bliss purchased the land which included an 1860 cemetary on the property. Apparently, the exhumed and relocated spirits of the bodies became confused and disturbed enough to haunt the house. Perhaps, it's ole' Duane himself continuing to watch over his showcase home. At any rate, curtains may move and sway, apparations, the whole nine yards. I'm not sure about this occult stuff, but I can tell you this as fact. The night we stayed there, I got sick (I won't espouse further) and couldn't even make it to breakfast at the 15 foot handcrafted table.

So, to this day, I still occasionally wonder if my illness was a result of ole' Duane getting his kicks or just the affliction of the CC Coin Bug.

McFly

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds