c4oa header mint

Assayer Receipts Carson Mint

More
12 years 6 months ago #3453 by Loosechange
Does anyone know of any upcoming auctions that may contain this type of stuff???

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3546 by mitchell
I haven't seen anything recently.

A quick search of the usual suspects resulted in these past auctions:

liveauctions.holabirdamericana.com/Carso...nt-Receipt_i10214572

legacy.stacks.com/Lot/ItemDetail/142852

legacy.stacks.com/Lot/ItemDetail/142859

Searching for the receipts is challenging. Most of the brick and mortar auction websites have fairly limited search capabilities. You will have to use different combinations of key words.

I wish I could add more to the back story that the receipts offer but I don't know much. For me, the receipts are an interesting part of my main interest, CC coinage. I have a few because I like them but I probably wouldn't have spent $1300 for them.

Also, the prices realized seem to be all over the map. The John Ford auction prices realized around $1300 for the Wells Fargo and Carson City Mint receipts - was this because of the cachet that John Ford's name carried? The Kagin's realized price of $200 for a refining receipt is at the bottom of their estimate. On the other hand, a receipt for a deposit of gold bullion realized a mere $100 and two auctions for silver bar deposit receipts did not sell.

PS: I forgot to add that I just picked up another one dated 1917!
A scan is forthcoming.

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by mitchell.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3550 by Loosechange
That is awesome Mitchell. I can't wait to see it. I did see the Kagin auction after the fact. I am looking for a bullion deposit receipt from the Carson City Mint during it's time of operation. I will keep looking and I am sure that it will be a long search.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3553 by mitchell
Can you reach me thru my personal email?

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3557 by Loosechange
Sure, You can get my email through the administrators at Southgate. I don't want to post here.

Thanks Mitchell

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3558 by Loosechange
Mitchell, My email is in my profile. I guess i should check it once in a while.LOL

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds