c4oa header mint

A Great C4OA Meeting in Carson City

More
13 years 8 months ago #1466 by Belayoff
August 27, 2010, Carson City Coin Collectors Club Regional Meeting.

Congratulations to all C4OA members who participated in the club's regional meeting last Friday afternoon in the upstairs auditorium of the old Carson City Mint itself, now the Nevada State Museum. The great people attending were eclipsed only by the fabulous coins and collectables shared during the two hour, Show and Tell session.

From two dollar political buttons to original documents signed by famous Comstock era personalities, a complete set of Carson City minted $5 gold coins and a show-stopping coin worth a quarter million dollars, the Carson City coins and related collectables displayed that afternoon will not soon be out done.

The 40 some - odd members attending also exhibited their enthusiasm for the C4OA as well as their generosity by hugely supporting the club raffle. I will check with Maya this week, but I think the club raised almost $2,000! A sincere thanks to these members and especially to the C4OA members who donated the four fantastic prizes.

There simply was too much packed into that three hour meeting to adequately describe in this short posting so, watch for a synopsis and photos of the event in the next Curry's Chronicle issue. The report will include the items shared during the Show and Tell session, the raffle donations, the raffle winners and donors and a bunch more...perhaps even a little humor for good measure.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1468 by randysc
Belayoff-
I second your sentiments on what a great and wonderful meeting it was! Truely there were great and interesting items passed around for all to view during the show and tell portion of the meeting. What was equally gratifying was the dinner on Friday evening after the meeting. I missed the dinner last year but made it this time and had the pleasure and honor to meet and converse with very nice, interesting and gracious fellow members. The following Saturday (the next day) I went on the train ride to Virginia City from Carson. I had obtained the tickets priviously and one of my family members was unable to make the trip at the last minute, thereby leaving me an extra ticket. At the dinner, I mentioned the extra ticket to Rusty, saying it was for anyone who could use it. He hooked me up with a member who was able to make the trip and the ticket did not go to waste. It was a great trip.
On a side note. While I was not one of the winner's of the club's raffle, I did win the grand prize of the C.C. Mint's coin show raffle, a $1,000 gift certificate to Northern Nevada Coins which I was notified of while boarding the train back to Carson from Virginia City. I raced back into town after the train's arrival and claimed my prize. It went towards a purchase of an 1892-CC double eagle. A great trip indeed!
-R-
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by randysc.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1478 by Garryn
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Garryn.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1480 by randysc
Those were some incredible pictures that were on that site. I just want to add, Brian and his wife were two of the most gracious, friendly and pleasant poeple that I have had the honor to have made their acquaintance. I do look forward to seeing them next year.
-R-

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds