c4oa header mint

ANA National Money Show in Chicagoland 2013, 2014, 2015

More
12 years 6 months ago #3483 by Garryn
I mentioned in another post that I live 10 minutes from Rosemont. I have someone in mind that I would like to ask to make an appearance and talk. But I will do what I can to help out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3488 by maryelise8863
Mcfly, Garryn -- we have a local team of three! Hey, great start!

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3506 by Belayoff
McFly, Garryn and Maryelise,

I would be pleased to provide a general outline of the tasks and other elements involved in spearheading a regional C4OA meeting. I organized one of our western region meetings a couple years ago in Carson City with the help of a few C4OA members and some oversight from Rusty. I know that McFly also has experience from his previous Literary Award work. Also, Garryn has been around numismatics a long time and likely also has experience organizing meetings.

However, before anyone takes any organizational steps, a few things are necessary to discuss up front;

1.Rusty Goe carry's the full administrative and technical load for
the C4OA's fabulous web site. He and his staff are also the
organizers and Rusty is the sole editor for the club's award
winning publication, Curry's Chronicle.

2.Rusty owns and operates one of the country's largest coin
dealerships, Southgate Coins, which business has both horizontally
and vertically over the last ten years. That's a good thing, of
course, but the fact of the matter is that our good friend Rusty
works at least 70 to 75 hours a week these days, not including the
time he spends researching and authoring numismatic books.

The point my friends is that Rusty no longer has the substantial amount of free time necessary to plan and sponsor C4OA meetings. Since he already handles all of the other C4OA responsibilities,it must be up to the club members to plan and execute any and all meetings. Simply stated, all future C4OA meetings must be the sole responsibility of the club members involved.

Rusty may, or may not be able to participate as a guest speaker, or in some other way subject to his schedule, but cannot be involved in the planning or execution.

Because success or failure of such meetings reflect (good or bad) directly on the C4OA all potential club meetings or C4OA events must be pre-approved by the club President, Rusty Goe.

But before calling him, please talk to me first. I am fairly well acquainted with what it takes to put one of these meetings together. Additionally, I know, firsthand, what level of commitment Rusty will require of the member(s) who wish to sponsor a regional C4OA meeting.

It's not my aim to discourage anyone. In fact, I applaud the idea of C4OA regional meetings and other events. It's just that the members must now step up and carry the entire load for these meetings, and that load can be much more substantial than you might guess. Again, please get hold of me to discuss. McFly and Garryn both have my email and phone numbers.

Belay Off
Life Member
Seattle

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3602 by maryelise8863
Since I'm not in charge of this, I'll wait for direction from the person who will be.

Mary Elise

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds