c4oa header mint

PCDA International Currency and Coin Convention

More
12 years 6 months ago #3540 by maryelise8863
Here's another local show coming up in November in Chicagoland: www.pcdaonline.com/?et_mid=524207&rid=13572344

I am completely new to shows, so I don't know what's good or what's not. But if anyone is planning to attend locally (that's Chicagoland for me), I'd love to meet you, walk with you, and learn from your experience.

maryelise

Mary Elise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3542 by Garryn
You live in the Chicago area, Maryelise? For some reason I thought you were in California.

There is a coin show in Itasca every third Sunday, more or less. The NOISE show. It is always listed in the Coin World classifieds. The location is a Holiday Inn on Irving Park Road east of Route 53. I get to a few of those each year.

I have never been to a show that specialized in currency, although I have some interesting examples. If you ever go to a Civil War memorabilia show, currency dealers attend, such as Philip Lamb, who specializes in Confederate and Southern states obsolete currency.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3543 by maryelise8863
Funny, I used to work next to that Holiday Inn in Itasca.

I live near Elgin, IL. My parents live in CA.

Thanks for the information, Garryn!

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3586 by mcfly65202
FYI. PCDA is almost exclusively currency, but I have found some pretty nice emphemera from some dealers there.

mcfly

More
12 years 6 months ago #3587 by Garryn
Good point, McFly. I may have to pay it a visit this time.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3601 by maryelise8863
I don't think I'll be going after all. I'm only interested in CC coins. Guess I'll wait until the other local show in April that I posted.

Mary Elise

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds