c4oa header mint

1870-CC Double Eagle COW

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3639 by coindrummer
Greetings to all fellow C4OAers, passionate "CC" collectors and fans

Many of you who know me personally (Michael the drummer) know that my very favorite "CC" coin is the heralded 1870-CC double eagle....indeed one of the classic rarities of the entire US double eagle coins.

I have made it a point to learn as much about this coin as I possibly can, and for the last 15 years have read every book, article, website publication about this coin. In those studies I have indeed learned quite a great deal about it. Then along comes an article, published in a small (read by a relatively few) website (our C4OA blog) that blows every thing I've ever read or learned about this amazing coin right out of the water! I thought I had learned "all about" this (my favorite) coin, until this article that is. I learned many new things from this outstanding article.

The article I speak of can be found right in this very site, the
C4OA Blog-site under the "Coin of the Week" heading in the Discussion Board...it is Rusty Goes' article about this amazing 1870-CC $20 coin and "the wizard" presents this coin like no one else can or has! This is simply MUST READING for all passionate "CC" fans...like yourselves!

Please do yourself the favor of checking out this incredible COW post presented this past Sunday (11/6/2011)...leave a comment too. I'm sure it would be appreciated as it is obvious that this "post" is no mere tiny article...rather it is a mini-book in itself packed full of info (much of it new) about this special coin. It's quite obvious that Rusty devoted a prodigious amount of time to this one-of-a-kind COW post.

Like many of you, I have a "CC" scrapbook. Rusty's 1870-CC article has been reprinted and installed into my special scrapbook. The article is packed with "reference" material that I will use and reuse
for all time. It should be everyone's "reference" for this coin.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3643 by Loosechange
I agree with you Drummer. I also have a scrapbook of all things relating to Carson City coins and of the Comstock. Rusty's article is a mini book on the subject coin "1870-CC" double eagle and I am eager to learn more about this special coin. As the Drummer says do yourself a favor folks and read this COW post!!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3644 by coindrummer
Yay Loosechange!

Thanks for helping to share this astonishing article with everyone.

If anyone out there reading is lucky enough to be the owner of an 1870-CC $20, this is your chance to learn a whole lot more about this coin..........If anyone out there reading would ever like to own an 1870-CC $20, this is your chance to learn a whole lot more about this coin..........If anyone out there has never heard of the 1870-CC $20, this is your chance to learn a whole lot more about this coin.

Print it out and use it for reference as I did because you will never find anything anywhere as comprehensive as Rusty Goes COW article (06/11/2011 C4OA Blog - Coin of the Week heading) on this coin.....leave Rusty a nice comment in the "reply" section too...I'll bet he'd appreciate seeing it. It's obvious that he devoted a huge amount of time into this one-of-a-kind article.

Thanks again Loosechange

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3651 by Loosechange
It is true Drummer. where else can you get this kind of information on such a coin as the 1870-CC double eagle monster!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 5 months ago #3662 by maryelise8863
You know, Drummer, I never would've guessed that your favorite coin was one of the 1870-CCs...by your avatar and all! ;)

Mary Elise

More
12 years 5 months ago #3663 by coindrummer
Hi Mary Elise

hahahaha Ya got me!!

the drummer :ohmy:

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds