c4oa header mint

Bay State Coin Show Nov 11th

More
12 years 6 months ago #3681 by Loosechange
Hello everyone !!! Well to me the Boston Bay State Show was a total dud in my search for CC half dollars. Plenty of 1875 and 1876 CC dimes and 1877 and 1878 CC quarters. I could not find one coin for the Half Dollar collection. There were plenty of Morgan CC and I saw two graded AU CC Seated Dollars one had an asking price of $7500. I did speak again with Dennis Fortier from the Liberty Seated Collectors Club and he looked at my Loosechange Collection and helped me identify the die marriages using Bill Bugerts book on Carson City Seated Half Dollars. When I told him my name he said right away "Hey you wrote a story about our meeting last March in Curry's Chronicles" I was surprised and honored at the same time. We had a good time talking about my favorite subject CC halves.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3683 by maryelise8863
Sorry, Loosechange.

You know, I've seen a few CC half dollars on the Heritage Auction site, www.ha.com . I know, it's not in person. But the photos blow up huge...you can't miss every detail of the coins.

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3688 by Loosechange
I have said it before in a previous post that Southgate has an 1874-CC that it looks like I will be calling them on Monday to inquire about. I do like the pictures on the Heritage site too. Thanks Mary-Elise

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds