c4oa header mint

Nevada Commemorative Brass-drummer collection

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2339 by coindrummer
Greetings all "CC" fans

Here's some pictures from my collection of "CC" and Nevada Exunomia.

The first twelve commemorative coins are solid brass and were all coined at the Nevada State Museum (old "CC" mint) on the Coin Press #1.

They were purchased at various shops and museums located all over the state of Nevada. My first "coin" purchase was at the Las Vegas NV museum in 1979 - "Las Vegas Mormon Fort established in 1855" (pic. #9)

I'll provide a brief explaination of each picture.

First batch of three:

1. The reverse on all the commemorative coins - the venerable old Coin Press #1 at the NV State Museum...this same press coined some of our very favorite "CC" coins in our beloved collections.
2. Carson City Sesquicentennial (1858-2008)
3. Great Seal of the State of Nevada (I also have one coined in .999 fine silver)

Next batch of three pics:

4. Nevada State Capitol building in Carson City
5. Commemorating the first coin struck at the "CC" mint (Feb.11,1870)
6. Nevada State Museum 1980

7. Lost City Museum in Overton NV
8. First Nevada settlement in Genoa, NV (1851)
9. Las Vegas Mormon Fort (1855)

10. Virginia & Truckee Railroad
11. Pony Express NV (1860-61)
12. Butch Cassidy-Winnemucca, NV Bank robbery of 1900

The next picture (13.) I purchased in Goldfield NV in 2005 celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the Tonopah & Goldfield railroad (1905)

Of course I had to include a Hal B. Dunn 1973 trade token (picture 14.)

... I couldn't leave out my button from Virginia City commemorating their silver anniversary of camel racing!

What I had to leave out here in this post is the fun I had collecting all these. Each coin (or button) represents a weekend (or week) filled with fun and new adventures. I plan on collecting more of these in future outings.

I hope you enjoy this collection of Nevada history courtesy of the drummer collection

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2348 by Loosechange
Drummer, That is one fine collection. One day I hope to find a Hal Dunn token, may be tough to find in the northeast but I am persistent. I like how the brass medallions look! Thanks for sharing the collection!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago #2350 by coindrummer
Thank you Loosechange

I'm glad you enjoy my collection...it's very fun collecting these!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2365 by Loosechange
The Brass medallions look really nice in the holders, I am going to make sure to acquire some.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago #2366 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

The brass NV commems are nice and I'm glad you enjoy viewing them. They are relatively inexpensive for all the fun and satisfaction they bring. It's nice knowing that they were coined on the old Coin Press #1, the same press that stamped out so many "CC" coins back in the gilded age days!

Happy collecting!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2382 by Garryn
Nice selection. Are you missing any?

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds