c4oa header mint

The Shootist Starring John Wayne

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2293 by Carsonite
In the thread under the category the Comstock Era, some members brought up the topic of the movie called The Shootist. It starred John Wayne in the final movie of his long career. He was dying of cancer when he played this role.

Scenes from the movie were filmed around Carson City and Washoe Valley in northern Nevada.

Lauren Bacall and Ron Howard, along with a large cast of other notable actors also starred in the film. John Wayne boarded at Lauren Bacall's character's house in Carson City. The scenes were filmed at what is known as the Krebs-Peterson House located at 500 North Mountain Street in Carson City. It is right down the street from the Nevada Governor's Mansion.

This movie debuted in 1976, right on the heels of the great GSA sales of "CC" silver dollars. It brought even more publicity to Nevada's sleepy little capital city. Between Carson City cartwheels and John Wayne filming his last movie, it seemed as if everyone in the country heard about Abe Curry's special town.

Below are images from the movie The Shootist:

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Carsonite. Reason: Image resizing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2300 by Loosechange
Wow great Pictures Rusty !!! Were do you find these pictures!!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago #2302 by coindrummer
Hi Carsonite

Thank you for providing these nice pics from the movie "The Shootist"

Jo Ann and I have driven by the Krebs-Peterson house on 500 North Mountain Street many times without realizing that this was the house in the movie.

Now, after all these posts and seeing all these pics here on our blog-site, I'm going to have to go out and rent this movie and watch it again.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2314 by deepsouthspike
I was able to purchase this DVD movie (brand new)including postage for only about 7 dollars on Amazon!
Now that I have read all the information posted plus Rusty's attached photos, I really am looking forward to seeing this film!

deepsouth.....

More
13 years 1 month ago #2316 by Loosechange
Tom, You will enjoy the movie I am sure.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2361 by deepsouthspike
Please see the new post I have just added about a movie titled...."Ghosts of Virginia City"

enjoy.....deepsouthspike
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by deepsouthspike.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds