c4oa header mint

Mary Elise Arnold-Giambrone Article in Numismatist

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3589 by coindrummer
Hear ye, hear ye

Our "one and only" Mary Elise-Giambrone, daughter of our "one and only" Tony Arnold has her outstanding article What's So Great About It? published on pages 90 & 91 of the November 2011 issue of the ANA magazine The Numismatist

The article is adapted from the article Mary Elise wrote in the spring 2011 Curry's Chronicle. It generously mentions the Curry's as well as our Carson City Coin Collectors of America club.

The article also portrays a nice obverse and reverse image of the unique 1873-CC no arrows seated liberty dime.

It's truly great to see our Curry's article making on to the national and world publications like this...Congratulations Mary Elise!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3591 by Garryn
That is quite an accomplishment, congrats, Mary Elise.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3592 by Loosechange
Mary Elise, congrats on your article!!!!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3594 by pmk700
Congratulations Mary Elise!!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3600 by maryelise8863
Thanks everyone!

A funny thing happened when I volunteered at the Chicago ANA Show in August...

The volunteer supervisor at the kids' game area just happened to be the senior editor of The Numimatist. And I was just kicking off my freelance writing career.

So -- with a lot of encouragement from another chatty fellow volunteer, Judge Flannery (a real Chicago judge and an awfully nice guy) -- I asked about submitting articles to The Numismatist. One thing led to another, and the article was accepted in October! With the blessing of Rusty Goe, as long as previous publication in Curry's Chronicle was mentioned.

This is a great way for me to draw attention to our beloved club and to CC coins!

I got a huge kick out of the article being right before one by David Bowers too! :woohoo:

I can't take credit for the 1873-CC No Arrows Dime photo though.

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3603 by Garryn
Before Dave Bowers? That's a good one. I am tempted to say out with the old and in with the new, but knowing Dave, I am sure he would have something to say about that!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds