c4oa header mint

"CC" Morgan Book out - Due Nov. 29, 2011

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3670 by coindrummer
Greetings all C4OAers

A new book is coming out about on Nov. 29, 2011 entitled
Carson City Morgan Dollars by Adam Crum, Selby Ungar and Jeff Oxman.

Some of us remember Jeff Oxman as one of our participants in the First (and original) Comstock Seminar held October 5-7, 2006.

You can read the article for yourself on page 18 of the Numismatic News Nov. 15 issue.

For more info on this book visit www.whitmanbooks.com

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by coindrummer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3671 by coindrummer
Greetings once again all C4OAers

This is a "follow up" on thread I just posted above...I provided the URL site for Whitman Books....I just now contacted Whitman Books and posted to them (via their e-mail) the following:

Greetings Whitman

I just wanted you to know that I posted a notice of this new book debut, Carson City Morgan Dollars
On the Carson City Coin Collectors of America blog-site.

My post will serve to boost sales of this great new book as it is a subject near and dear to all our readers hearts.

Visit our site at www.carsoncitycoinclub.com/

My post on the C4OA blog reads as follows:

"CC" Morgan Book out - Due Nov. 29, 2011 0 Minutes ago
Greetings all C4OAers

A new book is coming out about on Nov. 29, 2011 entitled
Carson City Morgan Dollars by Adam Crum, Selby Ungar and Jeff Oxman.

Some of us remember Jeff Oxman as one of our participants in the First (and original) Comstock Seminar held October 5-7, 2006.

You can read the article for yourself on page 18 of the Numismatic News Nov. 15 issue.

For more info on this book visit www.whitmanbooks.com

The drummer

"the drummer" is me, Michael Parrott, one of the proud members of the C4OA club.

Thank you,

Michael D. Parrott
mdparrott@cox.net

Whitman Books email is: info@WhitmanBooks.com

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3672 by Garryn
Way to go, Mike.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3673 by Ms. Maya
@Michael,

“One good turn deserves another.”

You got it!—This was exactly what I’ve been talking about. If C4OAers think that there’s something worth bragging about on this Discussion Board, then they should BRAG ABOUT IT! You did just that, Michael.

Not only were you able to share an interesting, relevant link on the C4OA’s Discussion Board, but instead of leaving it at just that, you were resourceful and found a way to leave a breadcrumb for Whitman Publishing to come check us out, as well!

Since Whitman doesn’t have a forum or comment section, you took the time to write a short email to let them know how you promoted their book, and referenced our great club while you did it.

Just like Professor Higgins in My Fair Lady when he enthusiastically responded to Eliza Dolittle’s finally learning what he’d been trying to teach her, I will elatedly say to The Drummer, “I think he’s got it!”

If any of you other C4OA Discussion Board participants serve the club by sharing links to its website on other websites, just as The Drummer did, please post a message on this board and tell us how you did it. (Mary Elise did something similar to this when she gave us the details of her promoting the C4OA website on CoinTalk’s website.)

Thanks again, Michael.

@GarryN,

Maybe Whitman should give us an advertising fee if all Michael did was post a thread about Whitman’s book, but he did more than that—he shared links with Whitman, and it became a wash. Like I said, “one good turn deserves another.”

Maya
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Ms. Maya.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3674 by Garryn
Way to go, Mike.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Garryn.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3675 by coindrummer
Hiya Maya!

Thank goodness to read your kind words! I was not able to sleep soundly last night as the thought of whether I did the right thing or not regarding my Whitman Books email kept haunting me. Now, thanks to you, I know I did indeed do the right thing.

I do see what you mean...and Garryn said it too..."it's a wash" as "one good turn deserves another"....If I am going to give Whitman a "plug" in the C4OA site, then I should equally give the C4OA a "plug" to Whitman Books! A win-win situation for all! Now I see with perfect clarity the message you were conveying in one of your recent thread posts on this site dealing with this very subject.

This does help to promote our most worthwhile and valuable club and I was glad now that I did this and I will continue to do this whenever the opportunity presents itself. As usual, everything that I do or read on this site helps to further educate myself and all of us and this is just one example of it ...that is what I deem was the purpose for this site in the first place...education and camaraderie for all fellow "CC" enthusiasts!

Thanks to all for your great replies

the drummer

PS If for any reason there is a site that I have any questions of....or any problems with...or any possible clashes with Southgate, or anything "funny" of any nature, I will call you first and discuss it with you before posting.

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds