c4oa header mint

A Carson City Christmas Connection

More
12 years 5 months ago #3816 by billigafd
We've all been there--after countless months and months (or even years) of searching--how do you know the right one for you? And is it meant to be? Sure, she's shiny and round, with all of the right ridges and curves; maybe a bit blemished and worn, but all-in-all a very fine specimen for her age. Her true beauty far exceeds what you see on her mere surface. And, her family history is second to none. She is of sound Carson City stock from the highest Big Bonanza Group and Comstock Lode background.

One can find her to be always stylish and boldly dressed to a tee, with accompanying feathery on her backside. Not only a beauty, but this one has tremendous social consciousness. Quite comfortable with the ten, twenty, and twenty-five cent crowd--she likewise shines in the higher echelon of the half and full dollar folks. She truly reaches to the heavens and further soars with the eagles in the two-fifty, five, ten, and twenty dollar clique. But, now, how do you know if this particular Carson City Miss Liberty is the true one--the only one--for you?

I know, I need to spend some quality time getting to know this newly found offering! Utilizing adequate light and proper magnification I must determine her finer characteristics, evaluate her every detail, and define her grade--ultimately determining her cherished fair market value. Hopefully, after a meaningful interval conversing with her present keeper, I will actually become her new permanent caretaker. If I am so fortunate--finally--Miss Silver or Gold Carson City is now really mine for keeps!

The excitement--sweaty palms, lightheadedness, adrenalin rush, palpitating heartbeat, quesay stomach, and weak knees--leaves me almost speechless in consummating this transaction. Finally, holding her--and she's all mine and no one else's--I now feel as I did in my youth every Christmas morning! I feel like nine year old Ralphie in the movie "A Christmas Story" receiving his Red Ryder BB Gun. . .(and no, I won't shoot out my eye)!

And now the point of this chronicle: a well deserved accolade to all of the C4OE enthusiasts; a friendly and informative group where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"! All of you have the gratitude of dozens/scores/hundreds--take your pick--to whom you've freely exchanged your very valuable learned knowledge on all areas of Carson City and opened new doors for those less informed. A hearty thanks to all who savor Carson City history, her silver and her gold, and her very colorful past, present, and future. And, now, wishing that all of your Christmas stockings this year will be filled with 1873 CC No Arrows Dimes, 1873 CC No Arrows Quarters, 1876 CC Twenty Cent Pieces, 1870 CC $20 Gold Pieces, 1889 CC Morgan Silver Dollars. . . .

billigafd
(using signature line of "CCR")

CCR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3817 by Loosechange
Welcome billigafd !!!!! May all of your Christmas stocking be filled with those beautiful shiny disks of precious metals from the Mint on Carson Street!

Happy Holidays

Loosechnage!!!!!!!

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 5 months ago #3818 by Carsonite
CCR,

You have done something in your tribute "chronicle" that very few visitors (or those who occasionally participate) to this C4OA Web site's discussion board ever do. You took the time to thank the handful of active particpants, who have kept this discussion board alive for the past two and a half years, for their contributions in providing thousands of words of informative and inspirational postings.

Thank you for expressing your sentiments, and for colorfully illustrating the joys of searching for and finding the special "CC" coin (or coins) we all desire.

Best wishes to you.

Rusty

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 5 months ago #3819 by Garryn
Welcome to the board, billigafd, and Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here on the C4OA board.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3822 by maryelise8863
Thank you, CCR! That was a fun and well-written read. Merry Christmas to you!

Mary Elise

More
12 years 5 months ago #3828 by randysc
What a thoughtful, interesting and well written piece! A literary Christmas story for Carson City coins that rates near Dickens "Christmas Carol" or Clement Clarke Moore's "Twas The Night Before Christmas"! Okay, maybe I'm going a wee bit overboard with the comparisons, but it was a fun and interesting read and a darn good piece for your first post. Hope you stay around here "CCR", and looking forward to more future posts. You'll find you are amongst a great bunch of people that participate in this site.
-R-

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds