c4oa header mint

Trade Dollar Nut Online Resource

More
12 years 6 months ago #3491 by maryelise8863
Trade Dollar Nut website: www.tradedollarnut.com/

I don't have any myself (yet), but I sure do pine for them! One in particular with a perfectly placed chop mark. Sigh.

maryelise

Mary Elise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3511 by Belayoff
ME

Raw, trade dollars with chop marks can be found on the bourse floor at most coins shows. I have about a half dozen and paid no more than $150 to $250 for each. A couple of them have over a dozen chops and two others have at least twenty. The cheap ones probably will not grade, but their fun to own and examine.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3514 by maryelise8863
Very exciting to learn! Thanks, Belay Off (won't call you BO because that's just rude ;) ).

This news will get me on the bourse floor in April 2012 for sure. I just love the chopmarked trade dollars, and I really needed to know what prices to expect.

The one I pine over is way overpriced. I will get over it.

maryelise

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3544 by Loosechange
Trade Dollars are an interesting part of numismatics. I never paid much attention to them until I wrote one of my first articles on them for the COW project. Before the article I never owned one, but now residing in my "CC" type is is a beautiful non chopmarked example of a 1876-CC in XF condition. I will be looking for a chopmarked example at the Boston show next week.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 6 months ago #3545 by maryelise8863
Loosechange, I'd love to see pics of your trade dollars, old and hopefully new. I really like chopmarks, so if you find something that strikes your fancy, please share a pic.

Mary Elise

More
12 years 6 months ago #3580 by maryelise8863
Since someday I'd like to own a trade dollar, I found this very helpful and thought I'd share: www.cointalk.com/t63695/

Mary Elise

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds