c4oa header mint

CC Seated Dollar Errors

More
14 years 1 month ago #1021 by coindrummer
Greetings "CC" fans

here is a link to a very interesting article on some important "CC" errors that have been recently discovered.

numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=9820

Check this one out!!

Michael the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1062 by Wags
Replied by Wags on topic Re:CC Seated Dollar Errors
These errors are amazing to see. They were on display at the museum when we were there for the club meeting. I was able to take some pictures, but they were through the display glass, and I didn't have my good camera. Here's one that's not too bad. The coin is shown, and they had the PCGS photo on display as well. Nothing beats seeing it for real, though.

Mike
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Wags.

More
14 years 1 month ago #1077 by Belayoff
Replied by Belayoff on topic Re:CC Seated Dollar Errors
WAGS,

Thanks for the interesting pics and for pointing out the article.

There is an important, and surprising, back story to that article and those error coins that only a few C4OA members know about. I have written an OP-Ed piece about it for the Letters to the Editor section of the next Currys.

I've also submitted the Op-Ed to the eidtors of Coin World. It will be interesting to see if they run it.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 9 months ago #1396 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:CC Seated Dollar Errors
Wow, what a coin! What exactly is the description on the insert? It looks like a full reverse brockage and struck out of collar? Anything else? I'm not an expert on errors, I just know enough to be dangerous...

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds