c4oa header mint

New - Old Kid on the Block

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2756 by Belayoff

1871-CC 25c VF-30 PCGS

The 1871-CC quarter is one of the most difficult Carson City minted silver coins to acquire, in any grade. A collectable example of this rare date has alluded me for many years. In fact, for some time now, the 1871-CC 25c has been the final coin needed to complete the silver coin series of the Rian's Bequest Carson City Coin Collection...other than the ultra-rare and out of reach 1873-CC No Arrows duo, of course.

The example pictured above is brand new to the census in 2011. The coin joins a small group of 50 to 55 remaining examples extant, not including problem coins.

Thanks to Rusty Goe, this lovely coin is now part of the Rian's Bequest collection.
After more study of the coin's features, together with some researching into the coin's past, I hope to write an article about this piece in a future Curry's Chronicle.

Belay Off

PS: I thought this announcement would be a worthy topic for my 400th post on the C4OA discussion board!

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Belayoff.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2764 by Loosechange
Wow Belay, That is a fantastic looking coin. Congratulations on your acquisition!Also again on your 400th post!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds