c4oa header mint

1890-CC & 1891-CC GSA COA's

More
12 years 11 months ago #2658 by gsmick
I have an interest in a 1890-CC and 1891-CC in GSA holders with COA's. My question and concerns are: the COA's with these 2 coins have the proper first 2 numbers (90 and 91), but have a 6 digit number following. If there were only 3,949 1890-CC's, and 5,687 1891-CC's in GSA holders, how can there be such a high number (over one-hundred thousand) on the COA's?

Found this interesting information.

reviews.ebay.com/GSA-COUNTERFEIT-COA-apo...idZ10000000012133464

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2664 by mitchell
It's sound advice. I have seen and helped authenticate genuine cards as well as discredit xeroxed GSA brochures.

Like anything, be careful.

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 11 months ago #2665 by gsmick
So, these COA's with six digit numbers following the 90 or 91 would not be origional, but some type of fake or copy??

More
12 years 11 months ago #2667 by Garryn
I just noticed that the 1892-CC that is in a soft pack holder and did not sell in a prior Stack's auction is now in the Stack's Bowers June Baltimore auction. It is estimated to be F-12.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2674 by gsmick
The seller (Ebay) has acknowledged that the COA was a counterfeit (copy), and has removed the certificate and replaced it with an original(?). You have to be very, very careful. It's like I've heard time and time again, know what you are buying, read the book first, ask questions, talk to someone in the know, and have the item in hand if possible. Original COA's for certain dates can be hard to find, and can cost $$$.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2737 by Loosechange
That is the great thing with this forum is how we can help each other through the information we share. I have learned a lot regarding GSA memorabilia collecting from you all and it has saved my wallet a couple of times.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds