c4oa header mint

GSA Albums or Storage Boxes?

More
12 years 9 months ago #2941 by gsmick
I've been looking for a nice solution for organizing, and storing GSA Dollars in the GSA boxes. Something that can be put into a good size bank safe deposit box. The only thing I can find is a nice cherry wood box that holds just the GSA plastic and not the box. Anyone know of such a storage solution, and where to purchase them? Thanks, Glenn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2947 by mitchell
I'm glad your taking care of your GSA cases by not letting them get scratched up.

A box that I am using is the state quarter silver proof set collectors box. It's not the best but it's not expensive. The dimensions of the GSA case match the standard US Mint case for proof sets etc. I have yet to find a good box that will store the GSA case WITH the GSA box.

The newest edition of the box:
catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...nt_category_rn=43001

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 9 months ago #2949 by Garryn
Mitchell, I have two 1880-CC dollars in GSA cases and for the life of me I cannot find the boxes. I have the cards, thank goodness. A few years ago, I took the coins to be graded by NGC, put the boxes somewhere for safekeeping and I can't recall where that is. :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #2950 by mitchell
If you need just a couple of boxes, I can help you out.

I keep two kinds: mint condition or beaters. The beaters are for when I don't care what happens to the box.

Mitchell

C4OA Lifer!

More
12 years 9 months ago #2961 by gsmick
In our little town there is a guy who does excellent things with wood. He made a cherry wood entertainment center that is just beautiful. All cherry wood I might add. I could talk to him about a custom box (s). The cost will not be cheap however, but they will be nice.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds