1870-CC half eagle

C4OA Lifer!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by coindrummer. Reason: wrong message

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Mike, I just want to tell you that you have an awesome collection of half eagles. All wonderfully matched. :woohoo: I just needed to say that!

Gar

More
14 years 11 months ago #49 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Thanks for the kind words. Rusty Goe is actually to thank as he helped me put together most of my "CC" half eagles. Wow!! 2 drummers in your family! That would be a "pair-a-diddle" hahaha
Drumming was certainly a great career for me...I did it as a means of living for over 40 years. Now...it's "CC" coins...of course.

C4OA Lifer!

More
14 years 11 months ago #56 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Hi Mike, yes, my oldest is a drummer in two bands actually, one is Kastasyde and can be found on myspace at Kastasyde2 www.myspace.com/kastasyde2 Both are heavy metal bands. We will see if he can make any money in that genre.

Or if you just punch my name Garry Naples into youtube, two of his performances pop up. Sorry for the digression... back to coins :laugh:

More
13 years 2 months ago #2235 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:1870-CC $5
I know i am very late to reply to this post. This is one of the pinnacles of Carson City numismatics. I mean one of the big three 1870-CC's. Like Garry said a beautiful matched set indeed. Actually as a former drummer myself ( I haven't picked up drumsticks in over 30 years) What a awesome sight it must be to see your kids up on stage and for you Drummer to be up on stage with some pretty famous bands yourself , Totally Awesome.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2237 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Hi Loosechange

Thank you for the kind words!

I am the lucky and proud owner of 2 of 3 1870 "CC" gold pinnacles. I also have an 1870-CC $10 PCGS VF-25....not the highest end coin but it is what it is! Like most "CC" fans, I'm still waiting for "the King" - 1870-CC $20.

I have indeed enjoyed a long and wonderful career in music. I had the pleasure of attending the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston...got to see the world playing in bands and shows....even played in the Tucson (AZ) symphony for several years.
Like you Loosechange, I'm retired from music now (almost!) but for me it has been a trip of a lifetime!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by coindrummer.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds