c4oa header mint

1870-CC $5

More
13 years 2 months ago #2238 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Hi again Loosechange

Here's a picture of my other "pinnacle" 1870-CC $10. As I said earlier, not the prettiest eagle you've ever seen, but the rarity of the date speaks for itself.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2239 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Thats a great Eagle, Mike. It matches your Half Eagle very nicely.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2243 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Hi Drummer, Not sure if I missed your 1870-CC eagle, did you post a picture of it? if so and I missed it shame on me. One day I hope to be lucky enough to become a custodian of such a coin. Although did get to hold an Au King ( PCGS graded ) of the double eagles the 1870-CC at the Boston ANA very impressive.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago #2245 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1870-CC $5
Hi Loosechange

Check on this very site (scroll up 2 or 3 replies) and you'll see the picture of my 1870-CC $10 PCGS VF-25. It has a "Carson City" sticker on the front.
I did not get this coin from Southgate...I bought it long ago from another dealer (I didn't know Rusty then). Too bad as Rusty had a PCGS 1870-CC $10 in my same grade-range and at about the same price (a little less even.) Rusty's coin had much more eye appeal than mine shown. Still, I did have an 1870-CC eagle in NGC XF-45 (much nicer than mine now) but I sold it to complete my "CC" half eagle collection.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2246 by Loosechange
Boy what a space shot I am. Great looking eagle Drummer. There is nothing wrong with that one, to bad that it can't talk. I am sure it would have some neat stories to tell.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago #2247 by Loosechange
Drummer you should complete the eagle set now!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds