1873-CC $5 was created by coindrummer
1873-CC half eagle

C4OA Lifer!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2450 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:1873-CC $5
Hi Drummer, As this coin is one of the hardest CC half eagles to get how many of this date were you able to view before choosing this particular coin. I also want to say that you have been so kind to share your collection and I have viewed all the coins you posted in your set that I am trying to bring the attention that this set deserves. You my friend are the custodian of one fine collection of Carson City half eagles that not many people will ever be able to complete.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 1 month ago #2454 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1873-CC $5
Thanks Loosechange

Your gracious words here are much appreciated! Mine certainly is by no means the finest set of "CC"half eagles ever assembled, but it still is a pretty derned nice one! I particularly love the "matching" of most of the coins in the set.
As you pointed out, regardless of grade, this set is a true rarity in and of itself. Knowing that the key date 1870 numbers in the 70 to 85 survival figure range, means that only 70 to 85 people on planet Earth can own a set! Probably even less because some of those key date coins are locked up in museums and other collections sans the other 18 coins in the set. I would honestly have to say at this point that perhaps as few as 55 to 65 complete sets are possible today.
Wow! That truly put's this sets rarity status in perspective doesn't it?
In the case of my 1873-CC $5 (NGC VF-35) here....it is almost as rare as the heralded 1870-CC $5! Some "CC" experts actually feel that this date is somewhat harder to locate than the 1870...so, get one while you can my friend!...in any grade (PCGS or NGC)

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds