1883-CC $5 was created by coindrummer
1883-CC half eagle

C4OA Lifer!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #2473 by Loosechange
Replied by Loosechange on topic Re:1883-CC $5
Hi Drummer, Wow what a coin! How long ago did you acquire it? It certainly looks better than an AU 50. Ah yes I have been bitten by the CC gold bug hard. I am curious how long a great collection such as yours took to build.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #2474 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1883-CC $5
Hi Loosechange

I agree with you, this 1883-CC $5 is a beauty and one of my favorite coins from the set. Technically speaking, my set took about 3 years to build...however...that's kind of like saying "I Bought a house today" when in fact a project like a home purchase takes years of pre-planning/saving in order to achieve.
The same can be said regarding the acquisition of my "CC" half eagle 19-piece set.
I had a wide variety of different "CC" coins that I sold or traded in order to make my collection today possible. Don't get me wrong, I had some very nice "CC" coins but my collection lacked direction and focus...after trading/selling those and concentrating on the completion of the present "CC" half eagle set, I feel as if I have something of more importance (historically and financially) with this $5 set. Out of the 10 "CC" denominations, my set is one of the complete ones..all 19! On top of that, realistically, only 70 or so citizens of planet earth can own one! This makes my set much more special than a various hodgepodge of coins...something to feature, write about, speak about and all that. It's very fun to make proud presentations of a special set like this. This set has provided me hours and days of fun and rewarding experiences..and I'm very appreciative of fellow "CC" fans who also recognize and appreciate the importance of a set like this.
Thank you for your words Loosechange...I'll be looking forward to seeing your set(s) sometime in the future too.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2479 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1883-CC $5
You should consider adding a couple varieties to the set, Drummer.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2480 by Garryn
Replied by Garryn on topic Re:1883-CC $5
Has Todd taken any pictures of your set?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2481 by coindrummer
Replied by coindrummer on topic Re:1883-CC $5
Hi Garryn

No pictures of my set from Todd....So far, all my photos are done here at home....ever the learning experience as coins prove to be very tough photo subjects indeed.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds