c4oa header mint

What comes to mind when you look at this photo?

More
13 years 2 months ago #2026 by coindrummer
Hi Carsonite

Thanks for the memory refresher. Wells Fargo did indeed donate the Biltz collection of "CC" coins to the Nevada State Museum in December 1999.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2032 by Loosechange
I have a picture taken right at that very spot. And right after it was taken my wife and I drove to Southgate Coins for a visit. Wow I even made one of the weblogs. Talk about a great day!

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago #2036 by coindrummer
Hi Loosechange

I also have several pictures of that amazing Biltz collection. I've been there "live and in person" to see that collection perhaps 50 times or more over the long years. There are definitely some half eagles in that collection I would gladly trade some of mine for!!!
I hope to see that collection graded and encapsuled by PCGS or NGC someday....They could be made into a stunning display and I think the coins would preserve better that way too.

Just my humble opinion...

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 2 months ago #2038 by Loosechange
I wish they were a little closer to the door ( gate ) however I fully understand the security measures, but it would be nice for an up close and personal visit.

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
13 years 2 months ago #2041 by randysc
Drummer, if you have been there some 50 times then you remember the time when there was no security bars on the entrance to that vault where those coins are displayed and you could walk inside and view the coins right next to the display cases. Even put your hands on the glass. Many times in years past I have looked over this collection with the only thing seperating me from the coins was the glass of the cases. I was truly humbled!
-R-

More
13 years 2 months ago #2044 by coindrummer
Hi Randysc

Yes, I remember those times well...that's when you could get some really great Biltz collection photos...trouble was, I didn't have any digital cameras then...I don't know that too many folks did.
I can't say as I blame the NV State museum for putting up the security fence though....I would too if I was the lucky owner of those beauties.

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds