c4oa header mint

Brief Review of the Curry's Chronicle Spring 2011 Issue

More
13 years 1 month ago #2265 by deepsouthspike
I would also like to say Thank you to the entire staff at Southgate Coins for yet another fine and amazing edition of "Curry's Chronicle"!

In the Spring 2011 edition, my memory was refreshed about the reeds on the 1876-cc Quarters by Bruce Spence. I knew I had read about this very subject a while back in The Gobrecht Journal Collective Volume #1. You can locate John Mc Closkey's article on the 76-cc quarters on pages 250 to 253. Bruce has reminded me to start checking every 76-cc quarter that comes along to determine the scaricty of this particular variety.

David Reimer's article on the scarcity of the 1875-cc and 1876-cc Trade dollars also has me searching at every coin show I attend.

All of the other seasoned contributors to the journal such as Weimar White,(where does he find all these proof-like "CC" coins?), John Kroon, Rusty Goe, Mitchell Yee, Michael Parrott, Bruce Thayer , Southgates Maya, and many more, always seem to add articles that you just know you are going to enjoy!

And I must say, does Mary Elise Arnold-Giambrone even have the slighest idea how much respect many members of the C4OA have for her parents and how we each enjoy their Wonderful friendships? Thank you to Mary for her enjoyable contribution to Curry's. If I am not mistaken, Mary was also the person responsible for making up our lanyards and ID pouches that held our names and a picture of a "cc" coin for the C4OA Inaugural Comstock Carson City Mint Seminar back in October of 2006. This pouch has been proudly displayed with my collection of Carson City items for the past five years now!

Thank you to all who make this award winning Publication such the sucess that it is today!

deepsouth.....Tom DeFina

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2267 by coindrummer
Hi Tom and all fellow C4OAers

Thank you for jarring my memory regarding our C4OA Inaugural Comstock/Carson City Mint Seminar of October 5-7, 2006. Ahhh, those were some mighty fun days!

Mary Elise Arnold-Giambrone did make our wonderful pouches/name-tags. Like you Tom, I saved mine...Also like you, I have it displayed with my "CC" collections/memorabilia. So, here's some pictures of it to show what a wonderful job Mary did on this project. Remember that each member enrolled in this special seminar got one of these.

I'm sure that Rusty and Marie commissioned these pouches and Mary followed through with a wonderful final product here.

As many of you fellow C4OAers have no doubt noticed, but there is another "Comstock Seminar" being advertised for later this summer in all the major numismatic mags right now and is pretty much an exact copy of the original Comstock Seminar of October 2006. This "seminar" is being sponsored by one of our guest speakers from the original seminar (a guest speaker invited personally by Rusty Goe). The totally original idea was conceived and bill footed by Rusty and Marie Goe from Southgate Coins. I think it would've been nice if the "new" Comstock seminar director (former original 2006 Comstock Seminar guest speaker) would've asked Rusty's permission...got his blessing or at the very least, acknowledged Rusty as the originator of the seminar, instead, this guys is taking all the credit as his original idea.

Here are pics of Mary's work:

Notice the smokey-clear plastic card from Mary (looks blue in my picture)....very cool!

Thanks Tom for all your other kind words regarding our fantastic journal, the Curry's Chronicle.

Enjoy these pics everyone!

the drummer

C4OA Lifer!
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by coindrummer.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2269 by Belayoff
Well said Drummer. I've not finished mine yet. Still working too late in the evening this week.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2270 by Belayoff
Tom

Thanks for the accolades, though my contribution to this issue was pretty small, and not too upbeat.

Belay Off

C4OA Lifer!

More
13 years 1 month ago #2277 by Loosechange
Hello all, After rereading Curry's Chronicles now a couple of times I must say thanks to the newbies for their articles. Bruce Spence 's article has me going crazy counting reeds. John Kroon I like you share my collection with my wonderful grandson Aiden, that asks every time he is with me if we can study his collection. Thank you Mitchell for sharing your knowledge on the GSA's you have saved me some serious money! D.Reimer your article on the Trade Dollar is well done and super informative. Ms M.E.Arnold-Giambrone I appreciate you view through a non collectors eye. And by the way, where does Weimar get these phenomenal coins????? Drummer,outstanding as always! Thanks Belay you have given me a wake up call regarding club participation, though I am a couple thousand miles away there must be some way to contribute to the cause. Tom Defina Welcome to The "COW"boys, and for sharing your experience Carson Mint/ Comstock Seminar I lived it through you. And to Rusty Mr CC thanks always for your kind words and encouragement and for all you do to make Curry Chronicles what it is "a World Class publication"

Loosechange

Go "CC'S"

More
12 years 9 months ago #2955 by maryelise8863
Thanks to The Drummer for all your kind words. And you posted the badge holder pics too, ha! The parents paid for those, and Dad was the creative genius, so please don't give me all the credit. :)

And, Belay Off...I was given a heads-up about the '73-CC no arrows dime. Read the article about the million dollar coin too. ;)

Deepsouth, you have great taste! I think my parents are pretty awesome as well. And thanks also for the compliments on the badge holders...but do note paragraph one to give credit where credit is really due. ;)

Thank you also to Loosechange for your kind words. Who knew being so green around the gills would be a good thing for once? ;)

On another note, I'm starting to see a theme here...nicknames? Hm...

Mary Elise (For now!)

Mary Elise

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds